• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG How long to get a RMA number ??

Associate
I've looked at all the good comments, and am Wondering how long it will be to get a RMA, I got a reply about 1300 yesterday asking to fill in the Form.

WHich I did, and heard nothing Back, whats a normal time scale.

Obviously I'm nervious I'm going to be without a GPU this side of christmas :(

Caporegime
I've looked at all the good comments, and am Wondering how long it will be to get a RMA, I got a reply about 1300 yesterday asking to fill in the Form.

WHich I did, and heard nothing Back, whats a normal time scale.

Obviously I'm nervious I'm going to be without a GPU this side of christmas :(

Might be better just calling them, their email service seems pretty slow the last week or two.

Man of Honour
Seems very varied... I put in an RMA request at ~2am and had a reply 2 hours later and I'd have had a new working (so far) card back in 42 hours door to door if it wasn't for the weekend in the middle. I've talked to other people who've waited almost a week for a reply.

Caporegime
Got through on Phone, waiting email with instructions, now. been 2 hours , looks like another toll phone call :(

Don't be suprised if you ask for the info and get told they should give you the rma number over the phone and that they don't send an email with the info. Last time i got 1 person saying an email would be with me "shortly", 3 hours later, i call and another guy seemed suprised that they were meant to send an email saying its not something they normally do.

:confused:

Associate
I can't get them to respond to eMails - and I've just spent 20+ minutes on their premium rate number. It may just be simpler (and cheaper) to buy a new card - they only seem to RMA bad ones (in my two experiences) anyway.
Now that they have pulled out of Europe, I think that for the next 8 years my 10 year warrenty it may be technically valid, but impossible to use.

Caporegime
I can't get them to respond to eMails - and I've just spent 20+ minutes on their premium rate number.

Tell me about it, first time i called waited 10 mins then got someone answering saying it was a bad line and they couldn't hear me. Second time around it just rang off afer 15 mins, third time i got the rma setup after about 12 minutes, then i had to call again to get the rma information...

Associate
OP
Funny that, is exactly the same crap I got, 4 phone calls before I got the info I needed to send it off, looking on the the other Forum thread about this stuff,
I'm not looking forward to what crap their going to send me, probably a duff card.
If it is I'll keep RMA'ing it forever over principle. it costs £8 to send it back.
but I don't care.

I was actually going to upgrade after year end, was just watching the market for the right time to get something. I got a second rig I can put this in, so I'll just keep going with it.

p.s.

didn't know they pulling out of europe market, and about the emails, they are 7 hours behind us, Im know its 24/7 but it seems I got responses based on that.

Last edited:
Associate
......... Well, perhaps they read this forum - a response from BFG. ALthough it was a response to a 4 day old chase up eMail sent 7 days after the first eMail. After 11 days - they want me to remind them of the original information given :mad:

Associate
BFG are one of the Better AIB's for Nvidia. You'll probably receive a Nvidia 260 or 285 for that 8800 Ultra as they have to replace your card with something comparable or better which they have in stock. I would consider that an amazing result which I think you'd be hard pressed to find in any other warranty system for electronics.

Associate
OP
Well if that is the case, ofc that would be a real good result. they recieved my card today, and have updated the RMA record so all good so far.

update....

Just checked, replacement has been shipped, the guys in Wales have turned it around in 3 hours. just got to see what I get now....

got a 280gtx as a replacement, arrived 1830 today, its a recon, works on bench's but crashes on fifa 10, so going to do a reinstall of it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom