Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.

Make sure it's not managed to reset itself onto the VGA input or something stupid like that.

Good idea. I've just tried the menu, but it doesn't respond to menu presses.

It's doing the same that mine did. Your power brick is dead :(

That sounds ominous, especially since Hazro UK seem to be uncontactable. :(
Does anyone know if there are any alternative suppliers for the power brick?

Here is the list of things I would do if my monitor goes down...

OK. I'll try those.

Thanks!

Soldato
Hmmm, I'm becoming more and more glad that I got a full refund and purchased the HP LP2475w instead (plus I hated the glossy screen on the 24Wi, much preferred the matt on my original 24W).

Associate
sorry to hear that phil :(

i think everyone should have grabbed the 30" ones while they were being sold by ocuk at low ultra bargain prices as these are totaly fault free due to different panels being used and im still enjoying mine :D without complaint.

iv still not heard anything about these new screen their bring out since i spoke to ludwigg (spelling?) earlier in the year as they were aiming for sept tho i think it may be around feb now...dragging out or what:)

as to the current models ....well cant say current as they are like finding chicken teeth as in none available..:D

Associate

If you look back soe people where trying to get replacements, but I have a recollection that they weren't successful.

I'm not at home at the mo, but will be there in a few hours. If somebody else hasn't posted, I'll post up the brand of the one that they swapped my original one out with.

Sorry to hear that you can't seem to be able to get hold of them any more. A lot of people aswell as using the web form used to use [email protected] or [email protected] both used to work. It might be worth seeing whether they bounce now :(

If they are then it looks like Hazro has finally died off. Not suprising if they have as you can't have a monitor company when you don't actually sell any screens.

Associate
if the company had gone under surely the website wouldnt be there still?

and i was informed ages ago never to use the webnote on the website as that side was now dealt with out of house by another company and any messages to hazro would take anything upto 2 months to get to them...was told to use email when and were possible but if thats bouncing ?? well they must have gone... :(

im now gripping the wooden table :p as i type this praying my screen never fail :D.... so much for the long warranty if hazro have :mad:(

........or it maybe a company shakedown starting with fresh new technical support centre email addresses and website ready for 2010... a new year with loads of new Led screens using intergrated usb and e-sata Hubs and mood lighting like philips tvs all in hazro's glorious allumium or maybe nickel plated :D (well ludwigg told me thats what it would be technically) :p

YEAH RIGHT :D

--------
HRhino"

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.

Thanks!

li shin 0227B24130 Is the alternative supply to the weltronics piece of carp that is originally supplied with the monitor.

There's a few on the bay, but come from the US. not a problem if it revives your beloved monitor :)

Associate
It's doing the same that mine did. Your power brick is dead :(

Your diagnosis was correct! Thanks. :)

li shin 0227B24130 Is the alternative supply to the weltronics piece of carp that is originally supplied with the monitor.

There's a few on the bay, but come from the US. not a problem if it revives your beloved monitor :)

Thanks. My new power supply has just been delivered from the USA by DHL and my nice Hazro monitor is back in business! It's so much better than the old temporary 19" monitor I've been using for the last few days. :D

ray

ray

Associate
I've had my HZ24Wi for about 13 months and it was trouble-free during that time. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, the display suddenly turned off and the green LED light on the display and the power brick wasn't on. Thinking it was only a power brick problem, I bought the li shin 0227B24130 and it arrived today. However, something weird is going on because the green LED on the power brick turns off when it's connected to the display, but it turns on when it's not connected. I'm also hearing a faint ticking sound coming from the power brick when it's connected to the display.

Is there anything I can try to fix this problem, or am I screwed? :p Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :)

ray

ray

Associate
Sorry to bump this thread but can any one provide any suggestions to the problem I mentioned above? Having spent over £400 on it, and only using it for just over a year, it would be disappointing if the display can't be fixed and has to be disposed of. Thanks! :)

Associate
The lack of responses probably shows are lack of knowledge of the problem :(

There has probably been quite a few issues with the monitor model, but most people just moan about the well know issues in this thread and a lot of the people that may know general monitor issues probably don't bother reading this thread as we whine a lot :D

Might be worth posting your question as a new thread instead of a post in this thread.

I had issues with my power brick, but the light was still always on, just dim. Your issue does sound a little more problematic. Again see if you can get the attention of someone with electrical knowledge.

ray

ray

Associate
OK, thanks for the reply and helpful advice, go.mole. I'll also try to see if there are any local LCD repairers, which I don't think I've noticed before, but if it can't be fixed, it'll be a good excuse to buy a new screen in the New Year. :D

Associate
:D Well I hope you can get it fixed, the Hazro screens look so pretty on a desk.

But if you do have to get a new one I hope the search goes well. It seems that if you read the OCUK forums then there aren't any good problem free monitors available now days :'(

Associate
right its christmas and i think ill treat myself :D

anyone tell me the best at a good price calibrater for my 2 30" screens?

yes i know i havent calibrated them as i was very lazy :D and now im on win7 and as mark said earlier in the year about win7 treating profiles and icc's diferently compared to vista i thought now the time.

i found several already but which to choose :

X-Rite Eye-One Display 2 £130
ColorVision Spyder3Elite £130
Lacie Blue Eye 2 £140

im not pro like mark but i do bit of video editing and some photo work oh and gaming but thats not included at least i didnt think so in using icc profiles as vista used the profiles on in applications like firefox and photoshop etc....

just really after a tool to get the most out of my screens making them look more natural/realistic colour wise to the best thats possible of course as i know miracles are not free:D

regards

HRhino

Man of Honour
By Mark do you mean me? If so then my name isn't Mark, lmao :p

The Blue Eye Pro will give you the best calibration and thus getting the absolute best out of your monitor. I borrowed work's Spyder probes in the past and have used many calibration software too but only the Lacie software gave the results I expected.

The XRite EyeOneDisplay2 is the exact same probe as the Lacie BlueEye Pro so get the Xrite and I'll hook you up with the Lacie software.

Back
Top Bottom