PC Arrived

Soldato
black and red wire connector is the molex i think.

and the screws are probably for either to secure the side panel or fan screws.

can you get a pic up?

tbh unless you are a hardcore gamer or dont expect to run at max game settings that rig isnt going to offer to much performance :(

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Id imagine the screws might be for the PCI/PCIe cards and maybe any additional HDD and DVD drives you want to add.

The cables are probably because theres a modular power supply?

^^^
Please note; I'm just guessing.

Soldato
OP

can you get a pic up?

tbh unless you are a hardcore gamer or dont expect to run at max game settings that rig isnt going to offer to much performance :(

Yes I know this i only want it for RTS :).
picture :

Soldato

What's the point in saying that? Way to p*ss all over his fire...

It will be fine for most games, the GTS 250 is a bit better than my 8800GT no? You'll be fine with the COD series, valve games, even crysis.

Soldato

TBH his statement didn't even make sense anyway, so Chiiiives just ignore him.
Have fun with your new PC. IT'll play games and defo RTS. Have a see what it performs like in COD4/5/6 and let us know

Have a great christmas

(Try and act surprised ;))

Soldato

can you get a pic up?

You are severly under-estimating what performance you get from the low end gaming hardware, a GTS 250 is the match for any current game and will even do well in Crysis at 1680 x 1050.

It will be fine for most games, the GTS 250 is a bit better than my 8800GT no? You'll be fine with the COD series, valve games, even crysis.

Quite an upgrade over the 8800GT, 9800GT is the closer comparisson. The GTS 250 replaced the 9800GTX+ which was better than an 8800 GTX. They slot in just above an old school Ultra. :)

Soldato
Yes I know this i only want it for RTS :).
picture :

We ship all the screws incase you need to upgrade or change anything on the PC, if you do not know what the cables and screws are for just keep them in a box. If you come to upgrade the PC open the box and it will all make sense. ;)

Soldato
OP

Even crysis ! great :)
:(

If you had read his other thread & knew his upgrade you would be as Chuffed for him as I am.
Glad it's arrived mate, enjoy. :cool:
Thank you :)
TBH his statement didn't even make sense anyway, so Chiiiives just ignore him.
Have fun with your new PC. IT'll play games and defo RTS. Have a see what it performs like in COD4/5/6 and let us know

Have a great christmas

(Try and act surprised ;))
haha yeh :p . First thing I am doing is replaying the games I have now on highest settings :) , play them as they were meant to be played :)
We ship all the screws incase you need to upgrade or change anything on the PC, if you do not know what the cables and screws are for just keep them in a box. If you come to upgrade the PC open the box and it will all make sense. ;)

Thanks a lot for clarifying :).

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah s*** :(

sorry bud didnt mean to sound like a pratt and putting you and the system down, its a very good system for the price and hope you enjoy it. my pc before this was nothing spectacular, that will be pretty solid. Overclockers only sell good products and that is.

have fun with it :)

Associate
That card is very decent, i remember getting it when first came out for my new rig, and ran Crysis:)

Not a bad card at all. TBH considering this heap of junk HD 5770 i have, i think i rather have that one. :(

Associate
Ok :)

One last thing , the windows 7 disk included is OEM am I right in saying that this means if you change a major part of computer motherboard , hdd ect. that the disk will no longer work on that pc?

Yes it will work, my parents now use my Vista OEM, in a completely different system.
I'm not 100% sure about licensing and laws etc.

Soldato
just incase you did not know, make sure you install a 64bit OS (if you have one) and then you can utilise all 4gb of your ram, with 32bit you will only get 3.25gb (which is still good, but if you can use it all thats better seeing as you payed for 4gb)

:)

Soldato
OP
just incase you did not know, make sure you install a 64bit OS (if you have one) and then you can utilise all 4gb of your ram, with 32bit you will only get 3.25gb.

Im still using Windows 7 Beta (64bit) which is free until march i believe, might be worth a look at.

:)

Yeh I ordered Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit for the 4 gig of RAM :).

Soldato
Ok :)

One last thing , the windows 7 disk included is OEM am I right in saying that this means if you change a major part of computer motherboard , hdd ect. that the disk will no longer work on that pc?

No mate, OEM basically means that its is an outsourced peice of software bought from Microsoft to sell on as their own (OcUK in this case) ;)
It will still work you change a Hardware part in your machine. ;)

Back
Top Bottom