My case the cause of noise issues?

Associate
My new rig has been having bad noise problems, especially when playing a game, the noise level is awful!

I had put this down to AMD stock cooler i use ith AMD 955. Anyway just decided to take side of case off and see how noise level is, actually a lot lower, especially when playing games. The cooler is not loud at all when i put my ear near it.

Infact the most noise seems to be from DVD rom drive. Soon as i put side of case back on, noise levels go annoying again.

Case i have is
Name: 1001 Black Midi Gaming Case 3 Temp LCD Displays (No PSU)
Manu: CiT
Code: CSCIT1001

cscit1001.jpg

Now im thinking of leaving the side of the case hanging off, or option B, unscrew plastic clear side panel. So fan still on the side, but plenty of air getting in.

Would either of these options be safe?

Associate
I presume you're running games from the dvd drive then if this is where the noise is coming from? :confused:

As far as I would guess, your side panel seems to be vibrating and causing the noise...?

Have you checked the side panels are securely fitted?

Associate
As mentioned above it will either be down to case vibration due to the fans and optical drive and/or the case fans themselves. Cheaper cases have no dampening and use lower quality fans. Try dampening the optical drive and replacing some fans. Or just buy a better case. Try unplugging the side fan, see if that makes a difference

Last edited:
Associate
OP
As mentioned above it will either be down to case vibration due to the fans and optical drive and/or the case fans themselves. Cheaper cases have no dampening and use lower quality fans. Try dampening the optical drive and replacing some fans. Or just buy a better case. Try unplugging the side fan, see if that makes a difference

If i unplug the side fan, it will have no fans at all! It only has the 1 fan. Ive had the case before for my last rig, and was not as loud(well i had older model). It's defo not case vibration.

I might just take the side off for now, then change case early next year. Not like won't get cold air in this weather:D

Back
Top Bottom