• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5870 artifacting

MCH

MCH

Associate
Forgotten what defines artifacting but basically i get random lines and see-through boxes on heroes of newerth and css (only 2 games i got installed atm) , i had an 8600 GTS put in the 5870 installed the 9.11 drivers and now im on 9.12 , i removed the nvidia ones from add/remove before installing 9.11 . I have also just used driver sweeper to get rid of all drivers (it listed physx nvidia chipset and display along with ati ) so i wiped them all and just installed 9.12 fresh again. Driver sweeper still shows the option to remove the nvidia drivers even though i have removed them (dont they normally disappear?) and i still have problems in game. I REALLY dont want to go through the fuss of RMA again as i had to RMA the last one! I genuinely hope some1 can help me fix this .

The setup is my system below , i have the same problems on stock or at 3.2

Last edited:

MCH

MCH

Associate
OP
hmm css seems to be fine now after i've changed some launch options , but heroes of newerth still has bugs , other than this the temp/fan speed etc of the card is great. it has little black squares flickering on the menu screen when i load it up tho :S , sometimes minimizing stops them for a few seconds

Last edited:
Associate
getting random artifacing on 5850 and curious too.

Sorry, i know it doesnt help and this isnt a hijack. Just wanted to reply as no one else was!

MCH

MCH

Associate
OP
Heres one of the css menu , its very inconsistent in-game and was a lot worse last night than it is now :S

1.jpg

2.jpg

I then minimized to paste the ss and when i maximised there were no problems throughout the map , now i know u can solve graphics issues with css by just doing that as the games got so many bugs like that but this isnt to do with the css engine.

gona go have a game of hon and get some ss

Last edited:

MCH

MCH

Associate
OP
Is there not at least some kind of high res texture pack for CSS, as it look awful!

im running fps config and low res as its what im used to and i play better on it , but can we not turn this thread into that dicussion :p .

Heres the heroes of newerth pic

3.jpg

MCH

MCH

Associate
OP
can u not see the screwed up line of colour across the middle, this screeny shows the pug better :

4.jpg

for those of u that dont play the game that massive long wooden thing that looks like a log isnt meant to be there

if u cant see it in the first screen look closer right around and through the mobs where the grass is there are a load of weird colours

MCH

MCH

Associate
OP
ok i've also just had my computer power down and not boot for like 3-4 mins when joining a server on css , now it wont let me choose any other hz apart from 60hz.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
I was going to say what PSU have you got but I can see its a OCZ, whats the model of your OCZ and how old?

I know this is annoying but you could back up everything and try a fresh install of windows in case driver sweeper has deleted something it really shouldn't have

also, underclock the card (it will take some pressure of the PSU) and it will show that the card is stable.

MCH

MCH

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Associate
im running fps config and low res as its what im used to and i play better on it , but can we not turn this thread into that dicussion :p .
I don't want to derail the topic but surely if all you want is to run games at a low resolution with awful texture quality you could just stick in any random £30 card and save yourself some money?

MCH

MCH

Associate
OP
I don't want to derail the topic but surely if all you want is to run games at a low resolution with awful texture quality you could just stick in any random £30 card and save yourself some money?

i play a lot of other games but since i only built this thing a few days ago , i also watch high def movies and i want a LOT of fps in every game i play since im very competitive , it looks like for now i might be putting my 8600 back in.

MCH

MCH

Associate
OP
i am using v sync in heroes of nerwerth and it works , there is no artifacting , it just shows its still having issues with 120 hz

Associate
I'm having a lot of problems with ArmA 2 with White Textures and Wire models maybe because its a demo.

That's not my only problem tho i can't playback videos with out getting the whites dots going all over the place. Odd sometimes tho because it will take it 5 seconds maybe before it will start doing it.

Another rather odd thing is in most games like Dirt 2 Demo i have no artifacts at all happening like the problem is with drivers or something. Maybe someone can help me out here?

Much Appreciated

Back
Top Bottom