Enter the Dragon

Associate
OP
Love liquid on a budget mobo... so wrong!

Did not know it was a budget mobo at the time i bought it :(
I hope to upgrade to I7 in the new year tho.
The cpu block is for socket 1366 and home moddified, all componants have been installed with clearance with upgrades in mind.

Had problems with the pump to start with but its running fine now.
Just got some replacement UV purple LED's that i will be using to replace the blue ones in the stock 140mm fans so i will be fitting those when i get time and i will paint the fan props white or thats the plan anyway :)

Associate
Very nice build maduser. Quality work.

Can I ask is there anything to be wary of when replacing LEDs in fans eg voltages resistances that sort of thing? or is it just a matter of buying ones that are the physically the same/right size then slodering on in place of the old ones?

I've got a few i'd like to replace but never had the nerve...

Associate
Hi Maduser, just another question
Does the case come with a 8 pin extension cable? Not sure if my PSU will have a long enough 8 pin.

(not allowed to open box until xmas day and need to know if I should buy one.)

cheers

Associate
OP
I did plan to use the white tubes but then had a change of heart and i wasnt happy with the way they was. Think it looks a whole lot better now.

Hey G-Dubs :) thx a lot m8, the leds on mine were 3.3v i was able to put a volt meter on the solder joints under the sticker of the fan dunno if all fans use the same volt led's tho.
P.s how is your 2nd skelly going? i still got mine :)

Hi shinester- no i didnt get one with mine so yea get one, i really like building in this case so i hope you do too :)

Associate
Cheers for the advice re the LEDs. I got some from a certain retail outlet as part of the skelly mod but they didn't have a rating on them and I don't really know enough (or how to use a multi meter) to try them out.

2nd skelly project has stalled a bit as it's too cold to spray at present (+ too cold to contemplate hours at a time in an unheated Garage).

pretty much set on an olive drab frame with "sharks mouth" on the cowling.

Associate
Nice builds. To all you K62 owners; how strong is the plastic top part of the case? Will it support you resting your legs on it?

Weird question but my P182 also doubles as my foot stool :p

Back
Top Bottom