Vodafone Iphone Tariffs Revealed

Associate
Just been talking online to a Vodafone sales advisor with regards to the iphone.

You: Finally, I was told in store that existing customers would be given priority for the iPhone, are the prices online the same for existing customers or is it cheaper to upgrade at all?

David: You may get a lower rate than a brand new connection - from the 16th* you will be able to see your options. It could be worth giving us a call on this date and going through these.

You: Thank you very much for your advice David

David: You are welcome and Im sure you will love the iPhone when you get it. I hope you get a fantastic package too, all the best. :)

David: Is there anything else i can do for you today?

You: That's it, thanks again and bye

*my upgrade date

Looks like there is a chance for an upgrade deal!

Last edited:
Soldato
Heard yesterday that O2 will be "revising" their tariffs in the new year.

Whilst I appreciate this is just hearsay, I wouldn't be at all surprised. With three networks offering the phone and the Christmas rush out of the way, we may finally get a bit of real competition.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15577276 said:
No, its my experience as an end user without an iPhone. All sorts of random companies are developing free apps for the iPhone and not bothering with other handsets. Todays copy of Car magazine has a full page advert for the Parkers app, for example. Is it available for Symbian, WinMo or Android?

Nope.

Just iPhone.

Companies are just developing for the 'mass market' which is the iPhone, regardless of technical credibility. From a business perspective I can understand why - but it does mean that pretty much because all the sheep have an iPhone if you dont have an iPhone, you end up being without many useful apps.

Companies are not just developing for 'mass market'. You can hardly blame companies for developing apps for a platform which actually encourages application development?
It is very hard to develop an app for a symbian phone, and with no central 'App store' accross its devices, it is also hard t distribute the app.
Android is quite a new platform still building and devs are still trying to get to grips with what to do with it.
Apple made the app store and applications an essential integrated part of the iPhone, Symbian didn't and Android is still a baby. So if you want to point the finger, point it the OS makers, not the devs.

Permabanned
Hi everyone,

As you are probably aware, the iPhone is now available for pre-order on Vodafone. You can pre-order on new connections or if you are due to upgrade you can arrange to receive an iPhone as your upgrade.

(I ordered mine today....can't wait for the 14th January! :))

If any of you are having problems arranging your upgrade online then you can contact our team by following the link below, we will be more than happy to help.

Web Relations Team - Vodafone UK

(When contacting us, please quote the code WRT135 in the subject line and in the message body please include a link to this thread and your user name.)

Until the 13th January 2010 we will be offering unlimited Vodafone to Vodafone calling for free as part of your package. At the moment, this is the only special offer that we have available. We have been told that we cannot deviate from the standard packages that are shown on our website.

This will mean that whether you are an existing customer or a new customer, you will be offered the same deals. I understand that this will disappoint some of our longer standing customers, however this is a decision that we cannot influence.

If anyone has any further questions then please feel free to contact us via the link above or by replying to this post.

Cheers,

Espi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Back
Top Bottom