Fuji F70EXR, F200EXR, Sony SX200

Soldato
I've decided that either of the cameras above will be the replacement to my Canon A700.

It' would be between the Fujis but on DPreview it says the f70 only has aperture priority and the f200 has no manual control. Whilst reading reviews I saw that the fujis have a limited f stop range which is why dpreview has stated they don't have a full manual mode.

I'm not sure how much I'd miss having full manual control but it would be nice to replace the camera I had with something similar.

The fujis do fair better in low light which is another important issue for me.

Can anyone with these cameras comment on the above issues?

Associate
I have the F200 and it does have full manual. I think what the 'limited f-stop' comment refers is to is that there are only two aperture settings; open or closed. In my experience though the apertures on compacts makes little difference due to the small sensors.

ISO 12,000 on the F200 is just about usable however the resolution is dramatically reduced.

The main gripe I have with it is the insane barrel distortion at '28mm'. I specially chose a camera with a wide angle lens but I always find myself zooming in a bit to get rid of it. The distortion even ruins landscape photos :/

I got mine for £160 refurb (google 'fuji refurb') so despite its shortcomings for that price it's a pretty decent camera.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Did your canon A700 have full manual? The F70 does have some good reviews though as a compact, does the SX200 have any manual controls?

The A700 had a aperture and shutter priority as well as manual mode. The csx200 has the same options and they're both accessible from the dial.

Really can't decided. Might just go for the canon even though the Fuji's are better in low light.

Soldato
OP
Pretty often I find myself in places where a higher iso would be handy.

honestly I would love a Ricoh GRII but it's too expensive. Does everything I would every want although I doubt I would utilize all its features.

Back
Top Bottom