Seriously !!

Associate
I held fire buying an item online priced at £26.99 a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Today it's 'marked down' in the sale from £41.99 to £26.99 stating it was at the higher price between 08/09/09 and 24/12/09. Liars!! :confused:

Soldato
To be honest I find this thread more "sickening" than going outside into a shop and having a good day with your friends instead I'll sit behind a monitor and complain about people doing things that I would never do attitude flying in this pathetic thread. Get a grip the lot of you. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I held fire buying an item online priced at £26.99 a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Today it's 'marked down' in the sale from £41.99 to £26.99 stating it was at the higher price between 08/09/09 and 24/12/09. Liars!! :confused:

Yep. Its all about making a sale - if that means telling people the item is worth a lot more than it really is, then so be it.

Soldato
The stuff is a bonus, they go for the experience, they enjoy it.

I don't get it, but I don't get reality TV or soaps either.

To be honest I find this thread more "sickening" than going outside into a shop and having a good day with your friends instead I'll sit behind a monitor and complain about people doing things that I would never do attitude flying in this pathetic thread. Get a grip the lot of you. :rolleyes:

Exactly. What are they doing that harms you? As you lot are all saying, you wouldn't be seen dead doing that. So they're running about screaming, and having fun, somewhere away from you, where it won't annoy you.

But wait, you get annoyed anyway, from afar. Why?!

Soldato
Exactly. What are they doing that harms you? As you lot are all saying, you wouldn't be seen dead doing that. So they're running about screaming, and having fun, somewhere away from you, where it won't annoy you.

But wait, you get annoyed anyway, from afar. Why?!

Don't know if anyone here is really getting annoyed at them, more like pointing out how ridiculous it is how the majority of them are rushing in to buy junk they don't really want or need, all because its on sale, reflects poorly on society tbh, but oh well this sort of thing isn't sustainable, unless of course humans change their ways and we get lucky with science and technology.

Soldato
i keep on telling my mum that its only a bargain if you intended buying it in the first place, not just because it happens to be a bargain at the time you spotted it

Soldato

I went to see if the present I ordered for my GF was now in a sale, it is, for exactly the same price as it has been for the last 3 months.

Caporegime
wait, you mean, they lied? and, still, sell, some, stuff , at, the, same. price, but, stick, a , For sale, sign, on, it, to, make, you, THINK, you are getting a bargain?? and, have, very, limited, stock on REAL, bargains??

Im, shocked!

Soldato
wait, you mean, they lied? and, still, sell, some, stuff , at, the, same. price, but, stick, a , For sale, sign, on, it, to, make, you, THINK, you are getting a bargain?? and, have, very, limited, stock on REAL, bargains??

Im, shocked!

You should have asked Santa for a new keyboard, your comma button appears to be broken.

Associate

Im, shocked!

'lolz' :). I was just trying to point out that I know it wasn't on at the stated £41.99 before the sale. Or maybe it was, in somewhere like Shetland.

Soldato
ermm ok so lets say (using Dmp's experience) you want a new TV you look around and the one you really want is £1500 but way out of your budget.

Now you have two choice downgrade and get less than you wanted at ful retail price or you can suck up some of your pride and go to the sales and get it for £500.

Yep you're a right victim there getting exactly what you wanted (or better) for less money than the one you'd of had to get to keep in budget.

So who's the idiot the guy who wastes a bit of time and pride and gets a top end tv for £500.

Or someone who sits at home snobbishly laughing at he "victims of consumerism" on the £500 tv he had to settle for because he couldn't afford the one he wanted or the £1500 tv he paid full retail for.

All very valid but this is based on one persons experience and one which I am dubious to believe. If something sounds too good to be true, if often is.... as the saying goes.

There might be one person in that video that this applies too.... Clearly it's hard to understand what I am getting at.

Soldato
your a mug either way. before sale the mark-up is ridiculous , after sale its how it should have been, and you just acted like a t-rex trying to be the first to buy something at normal price

Permabanned
Spot the white person.. can only be London

95% of sales are rubbish. But you sometimes find something you actually need for a good price.

Next sales always make me laugh. I can't figure out why people get there at 4am. Is it really amazing if you get there early?
And then at about midday, there is a huge queue. I swear its all sheep mentality. Once I caught into the craze and ended up waiting 1hr in the queue when I was about 16; attending my first Next sale, and when I eventually got inside it was all tat. Never again.

Last edited:
Associate
I notice that the shop with the laminated catalog in store regularly has fantastic bargain offers on some really nice items. The thing is, you try and find a store anywhere that has them in stock. It's all a complete farce, best thing to do is if you really want something, wait for the next one to come out and get it dirt cheap for a REAL bargain price.

Back
Top Bottom