Please help me choose a new monitor!

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, I know I did, well lets get down to business. I need a new monitor and need it fast. I have a budget of £250 and am wanting atleast a 22" monitor, preferably widescreen...

It will be mainly used for Gaming and watching Blue Ray's... Gaming wise im not a dedicated FPS nutt but do clock a lot of hours on the likes of Oblivion, MW2 and Strategy games like Empire: Total War....

Ideally I want to buy it before the VAT rise so your advice is appreciated...

Thank You

Soldato
I have been looking at that one, but have read in other threads that the 23" Viewsonic may be a better buy and have also looked at the LG Flatron W2286L 22" Ultra Slim LED Backlit Widescreen Monitor which has also come very highly recommended, im so confused as to what to buy!

Thats fair enough, the Viewsonic does look nice - it costs about the same and is higher resolution and is bigger. It also uses the high quality e-IPS panel technology of the Dell 2209WA. However, I wouldn't recommend it to you because it seems to have some brightness problems and the response time is quoted at 14ms - indicating it will not be ideal for gaming.

The Dell however, has both low response times and low input lag, brightness certainly isn't a problem and gaming on it is a dream. The proper 8 bit panel makes the colours look lovely, as are the viewing angles due to the e-IPS panel.

Those LGs use TN panels - they aren't bad if you don't know anything better.

Soldato
The dell and the viewsonic are both superior to the LG. They have different panels with better viewing angles and colours. The viewsonic has a higher res than the dell which might also be worthwhile. Also comes down to you being willing to pay a premium for a better panel as the LG is a fair bit cheaper. The dell was under 200 not that long ago as well.

Soldato
OP
Ive just checked you tube and have seen some great reviews for the Dell 2209WA and im going to press the buy button, just wish I didnt have to wait until Wednesday for Delivery! :)

Back
Top Bottom