Webdesign meets Video / Image Editing

Associate
Hey All,

I’ve been playing Counterstrike the last 6-7 years.
Now for the last 2 years im competing at important LAN’s and well known game ladders. The reason for creating this topic is, that I would like to learn to make some fragmovies of myself and my team playing.

So whats the goal of this:

Renting a website/domain (or blog) to put all of my edited videos on.

I’ve been browsing around the net myself to see what programs are most used for this:

Video:
Sony Vegas
Adobe Premiere
Adobe Premiere Elements (Can’t figger out the difference between all the Adobe versions :) )
Magix

Image:
Photoshop
Paint Shop Pro

Webdesign:
Microsoft FrontPage 2003

I don’t know much of all these programs, so I would like to know if someone of u guys is familiar with these programs and might recommend me some?

I’m really a newb at this, so im buying myself some books to get started with these programs.

I hope u can help me out and give me some advice :)

Cheers!!!

Associate
I don't really know to much about any video editting software.. But would Windows Movie Maker surfice what you need to do? Again.. I've never actually used the software, but I believe it's free and ships with XP / Vista / 7.

And uploading to the web.. can you not just make a "Clan" youtube account and upload via this?

Soldato
You can't go wrong with Premiere CS4 or Vegas 9. I've used both and they're very good programs.

How much do you know about web design/development? I assume you don't know much at all since you asked about Front Page 2003?

Soldato
Also correct, i dont know crap about webdesign but i used Frontpage 2003 years ago and i dont know other programs.

So any recommendations would be nice!

Dreamweaver and Expression Web are good WYSIWYG editors.

Try to learn some HTML and CSS as you go along, it will be very useful as the code generated by Dreamweaver/Expression can get messy.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So lets put this together:

Video:
Sony Vegas 9 Pro
Adobe After Effects CS4?

Image:
Photoshop CS4

Webdesign:
Dreamweaver CS4

Could anyone recommend me a better version as the ones i mentioned and wich of all the million Adobe packs i have to get? Pretty confusing :)

Hope some1 can help me with these last questions :)

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Don't use Dreamweaver. If you have to use a WYSIWYG, use Expression Web - at least it generates decent markup.

Back
Top Bottom