5 year old killed riding a motorcycle.

Soldato
Ooer, this doesn't bode well for my colleague who's trying to convince his wife to let him give their 5 year old son a mini moto for his 6th birthday (I think it's a terrible idea anyway)!

Poor little kid. :(

Soldato
as tragic as it is, I had a 50cc yamaha at the age of 5, as well as a petrol go-kart...I hurt myself more times/more seriously on my bicycle than anything motorised

It's just like anything, accidents happen

Man of Honour
Who in their right mind would let a 5 year old loose on a mini motorcycle ?

lot's of people and nothing wrong with it, as long as you are careful and realise they are dangerous. One of my old school mates started at that age and was winning competitions when we were at school.

Accidents happen, but you shouldn't get rid of hobbies that are fun/entertainment because of it.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Accidents happen, the child could have tripped and got a phone cord wrapped around his neck, or fallen down the stairs.

Tragic but by no means a reason to rally the child safety brigade.

Man of Honour
A tragic accident, not a reason to ban or restrict anything. Kids properly equipped and educated can be perfectly safe on motorbikes etc.

Commissario
Am I missing something about this? Tragic that it is, what's the score with putting a kid of five years old on a 50cc motorcycle when surely to ride a bike one has to have a provisional licence and pass the CBT.

Back
Top Bottom