Steamed windows!!@@!!

Soldato
Get a moisture absorber thing and get all the water out of your car, obviously it has got in at somepoint.
+1

My Civic Type-R is terrible for condensation on the inside, on a couple of occasions I've had droplets of water on the inside of the windscreen. :(

Stuck one of those silica gel packs in the car on the dash last night and got in to a completely clear front & rear windscreen. Magical little things! :)

Permabanned
Durzel;15614666 Stuck one of those silica gel packs in the car on the dash last night and got in to a completely clear front & rear windscreen. Magical little things! :)[/quote said:
Great things, i leave my cam lenses in my boot in a bag, stick one of them in and no fungus :D

Soldato
OP
+1

My Civic Type-R is terrible for condensation on the inside, on a couple of occasions I've had droplets of water on the inside of the windscreen. :(

Stuck one of those silica gel packs in the car on the dash last night and got in to a completely clear front & rear windscreen. Magical little things! :)

Will get some of these. Where can i get them?

Soldato
If the temperature is under 4c the aircon compressor will not work as this is the cut off temperature for all VAG cars. I had a lot of condensation as I leave the AC on all year and when the temperature was dropping under 4c the windows would steam up due to the moisture in the system not being removed by the now redundant AC system.

You need to get the car de-misted without the AC on and then open all the windows to allow the moisture out which is now in the air and then don't use the AC over winter bar every so often to lubricate the seals in the system. I have done this and my windows never steam up over the winter.

Last edited:
Soldato
A/C acts as a dehumidifier (that is part of what Air Condition means) but as soon as you turn it off, the ice that has formed on the matrix is melted, heated and returned into the car.

If you leave it on with the heat set to warm the car, when you stop the water melts and drains out of the car, so long term extensive use is the best way to dehumidify a car.

Like was said above, A/C is not just for cooling, it can be used in conjunction with the heater as well. If you have climate and set it to demist, it cranks up the A/C and the heat, it appears to be widely misunderstood.

Heat IS the best way to demist a window, A/C just removes moisture from the air to stop it getting worse.

Back
Top Bottom