**HTC HD2 Thread**

Associate
Cheers, looks good.

Will ring O2 tomorrow. My current phone has a few niggling faults building up and as i am due an upgrade in a month or two, hopefully they will sort something out as opposed to getting me to send this handset off, which will probably take a month itself to turnaround.

If not, i may have to buy out of the last month or two and take up a new one, which i may choose to do on a different network.

Anyway, i have been re convinced into getting the HD2 :)

Associate
I've got tonnes of apps for my HD2. There is so much out there. Ok, so it's not all in one marketplace, but the phone is so hackable/configurable/flexible you can find almost anything for it.

Get yourself over to astraware if you want games like bejeweled, etc.

It really is a top class phone. Windows mobile is so underrated!

Associate
Mine has just arrived but I cannot get the battery cover off no matter how hard I try. So it is just sitting on my desk. :(

Ok, lie it down upside on the leather case that came with the phpne. Rotate the phone to ensure the camera lens is on left.

Hold the section with the usb port on the right side down with your right hand. You need to hold this down hard to stop it moving at all. You will effectively hold this down while you life the middle cover.

Pop your finger into the groove in the middle side of the back cover (it's on the opposite side to the volume button). And using a lot of force (yes force) lift the cover up from the groove.

The only way I managed to open it when I first got it was to open it as if I was going to break it. The back cover is metal, so no danger of breaking it unless you have terminator genes.

Good luck.

Associate
Nowhere seems to have it. O2 over the phone/ online say you have to go into the shop, meaning you do not get the good online deals. Shop says that the only do £40p/m or more, but they have none in.

May have to go onto Vodafone or T-Mobile in Feb when my contract is up. O2 customer service is a bit poor. :(

Cheers for all the info though :)

Soldato
Nowhere seems to have it. O2 over the phone/ online say you have to go into the shop, meaning you do not get the good online deals. Shop says that the only do £40p/m or more, but they have none in.

May have to go onto Vodafone or T-Mobile in Feb when my contract is up. O2 customer service is a bit poor. :(

Cheers for all the info though :)

when you spoke to O2 did you get the normal phone gimp or the retentions team?
has no issues with ordering mine over the phone.

Soldato
has anyone had any problems with the BBC Iplayer on this phone?

Borich

From XDA:
XDA Developers said:
The current Opera 9.7 version on the HD2 is not detected by the BBC iplayer website. Here is a modification to Opera preferences you can do to get it to work.

HLKM/Software/Opera/Prefs/User Prefs/Custom User-Agent

Change from: HTC_HD2_T8585 Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)
To: HTC_Touch_HD_T8282 Now go to http://bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer.
Videos are opened in your Streaming App on your phone.

I guess you could also try installing the latest version/beta of Opera

Associate
Just taken out a contract with Vodafone as they had the best tariffs.
Got an email saying that the order was confirmed and that i will receive one regarding dispatch and delivery. Don't suppose i will receive that one until next week now though.

Any accessories recommended?
Guessing that i need to get a MicroSD card for it as it doesn't look like it comes with one.

Associate
Had a look at the HD2 spec and saw this:

Expansion slot: microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)

What cards will fit in then? Only the MicroSD or will the SD fit too? as if it is the larger SD, they seem to be cheaper.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom