Shadowgrounds

Soldato
Has anyone played this? Picked it up the other day and its an enjoyable game, reminds me of some of the old console games I used to play on the Megadrive.

It's a top down shooter with a Doom 3 like theme, graphics are pretty good with some impressive lighting.

Associate
yeah i played this, completed it with a friend. Its a good laugh! :) i agree the lighting it v.good in this game. Was horrible trying to play it on a ps2 style gamepad though! ><

Soldato
Is the following worth getting:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/552/

Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds: Survivor

£2.79

I really like the look of it and the price is a BARGAIN surely?

Associate
I just completed the first one and I really enjoyed it from the beginning, but I think the last few levels let it down a bit. See spoiler for more....

SPOILER ALERT!!! said:
The mothership levels felt very repetitive as it was all just 'ah there's a barrier there, got to go through a teleport and find the console/generator and hack/destroy it'. It was pretty much that for all of those two bits. :confused:

Then the ending, I think I turned off for a few seconds as I completed it and the alien ghosts or whatever appeared, but I think I still got most of it. I mean wtf. Turns out the aliens are the good guys and they say 'oh no don't detonate the bomb as you will kill us all and destroy the solar system.' So the doc deactivates the bomb without a word and then the words 'THE END' just appeared. I was just sat there dumbstruck. How more stupid could the ending get! Maybe it's just me tired I don't know, but the last few levels and the ending really let down the game for me. Sure I'm still glad I bought the game and I still think it's good, but I wish I just never bothered with the last part at all. :(

Associate
I got the pack earlier before the deals ended, i previously played survior though but worth owning it myself i feel. Got that and the abe's games then good & evil too. :)

Soldato
Cracking game - very much like Alien Breed on the Amiga.

I complete the first ages ago and now onto the second. Having fun so far!

M.

Back
Top Bottom