any berghaus coat fans here ?

Associate
Lol @ at the Berghaus = chavware comment.

I have a Berghaus fleece and a pair of trainers, quite sturdy stuff and are comfortable as well.

Practical. Comfy. Good quality stuff. Also have had a couple of waterproofs in the past and they've also been top-knotch.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I bought myself an insulated RG1 for <£100 about a month ago. It's been worth every penny in this cold. It's kept me very warm and dry.

Soldato
Had a black Berghaus waterproof for about 3 years and managed to lose it just a couple of weeks ago. Really annoyed because it was excellent. Completely waterproof, but I never got too hot wearing it.

I actually bought it when all the chavs were still wearing them around Leeds, luckily they've gone out of fashion now.

Soldato
Clothing like this annoys me getting classed as chav wear. Its good stuff at a reasonable price, wearing it as designed as its meant to is not chavvy. Grrrrrr.

I honestly couldn't agree more. Berghaus is excellent clobber. It just puzzles my mind how chavs started to like it. Never the less it IS excellent equipment, I would recommend it

- Pea0n

Soldato
I think that coat is more for people who need lightweight stuff for mountaineering etc, so might be a little overkill, and you'll need a fleece on underneath if it's cold (but then again you won't overheat in summer :) ), but it does mean you have a great coat if you ever go up a mountain, and I think Berghaus stuff is great, so conclusion - nice coat! :p :)

Associate
i remember getting a Spray Way Gore tex jacket 12yrs ago.. cost around £350 at the time and the jacket is still in good condition now. the hood has a coat hanger wire in it to shape the hood/peak. which i think is cool :D:cool:

Soldato
I stand by my original post, a beautiful looking coat;

coastal-sailing-jacket-176117.jpg

Musto do some pretty good gear too.

Associate
Purchased some gore-tex Berghaus Pro-Rush Mid boots about a month ago, both now leak badly. Not impressed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Berghaus do make some decent coats. They're quite expensive but I'm seriously considering buying a Gore-tex Paclite I tried on the other day, was half price at £74.99 which I think is worth it.

Caporegime
Berghaus do make some decent coats. They're quite expensive but I'm seriously considering buying a Gore-tex Paclite I tried on the other day, was half price at £74.99 which I think is worth it.

TBH they aren't that expensive, as already mentioned they are sort of the "budget" end of the spectrum at least in price. Features wise they are up there with the North Faces etc (in fact passing them in quite a few areas).

Back
Top Bottom