For the dog lovers on the forum.

Soldato
I've noticed through the cat picture thread that there are a lot of dog lovers on the forum (moaning that dogs are better), so I thought this would be more appropriate to general discussion than the TV forum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pssgh/Horizon_20092010_The_Secret_Life_of_the_Dog/

Seeing as Horizon is quite possible the most entertaining thing on TV at the moment, I was very interested to see what they could bring up about dogs that wasn't just about training and keeping them as pet, and I was pleasantly surprised there was some amazing facts about intelligence, domestication, genetics and curing human disease.

A highly recommended watch for anyone really.
Enjoy.

Associate
i managed to see a bit of it. the parts with the wolves and foxes which was very interesting. I never would have thought that tameness was breeded, i thought it would be from how they were raised. Ill be sure to catch the rest of it on iplayer tomorrow night.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, very interesting viewing.
No problem.

i managed to see a bit of it. the parts with the wolves and foxes which was very interesting. I never would have thought that tameness was bred, I thought it would be from how they were raised. Ill be sure to catch the rest of it on iplayer tomorrow night.

I know, I thought that was very interesting as to me it raised the possibility that this could be done to anything. So you can tame any animal through breeding. So we could have pet leopards. :)
I don't want to give away to many spoilers about what it said, but I think i've seen almost all horizon episodes (its my favourite show) and this ranks up there.

Soldato
Can't stand dogs, far too needy and sloppy for my liking, at least my cats recinded into the lazy ******* mode soon into adolecance, and don't hector me.

Back
Top Bottom