my Nokia N900 has a dead pixel, where do i stand?

Soldato
it's a brand new phone that i've had since sunday, is on contract with Vodafone and is fully insured. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could let me know what Nokia's/Vodafone's dead pixel policy is and if there us anything i can do about it.

Thanks,
Flare.

Associate
Did you get it over the phone or net? How about sending it back within 7 days under the distance selling regulations?

Soldato
Are you sure ts a dead pixel? I have this white dot in the centre of my screen when its black, however you can move it by 'dragging' the screen. ie its not a dead pixel.

If it is a dead pixel - give them a call, if they dont replace it, send it back within 7 days.

Soldato
My N95 8Gb had a dead pixel a couple of years ago, took it into Vodafone after doing an upgrade. To be honest they were fine and just swapped it with another in the store :)

Soldato
OP
it is definately a dead pixel, i'm going to go into vodafone today anyway because there is a problem with my sim card so i'll see what they say. I'll give the noka shop i got the phone from a ring. To be honest it isn't all that noticable it's annoying that i know it's there but i do notice it.

Soldato
Where did you get it from mate?

If it came from a Vodafone store they will be happy to exchange it for another one within the first 28 days. If its from online / telesales I think the same applies but I'm not 100% sure of it. You will have to return it to the channel you got it from though, so if it was bought from a store, only a store can do the exchange, and if it came from online you'll have to get them courier one out.

Permabanned
Hi Flare,

Sorry to hear about the dead pixel. Such a tiny little thing,but once you know it's there you can't take your eyes off it!

Did you speak to nokia about getting an exchange? Also, did you manage to visit the Vodafone store about your sim?

If not and you would like us to help, feel free to contact us by following the link below -

Web Relations - Vodafone UK

(When contacting, please quote the code WRT135 in the subject line. In the main message please include a link to this thread and your user name.)

All the best,

Espi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Back
Top Bottom