• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can I use a 5770?

Associate
Hi all I am new here so please be gentle :)

I am having problems with my BFG 8800 GTS 512 OC keep getting nvlddmkm.sys error, had no problems at all for 2 years and all of a sudden and without any changes to my PC I get this error. I have tried everything I can think of and had no response from BFG customer support, so am going to change to ATI I think.

I have always had Nvidia cards and am just wondering if I can fit an ATI 5770 to an ASUS Crosshair (Nvidia chipset) motherboard?

Is a 5770 a lot better than my 8800?

Thanks very much all

Last edited:
Associate
yes, any ATI or NVIDIA card will work in any PCIe x16 slot, atm you should go for a HD 5770 or a HD 5850, best bang for buck/performance :)

good luck dont forget to uninstall nvidia graphics driver and meybe chipset drivers and then install them after you have installed ati drivers :)

Back
Top Bottom