Different Hanns.G 28" model now stocked?

Associate
thanks for reviews. looks like this might be the one for me.

would someone mind measuring the minimum height of this monitor so I can make sure it will fit in my desk unit? cheers.

Associate
Arrived yesterday and hell what a monitor:D
My eyes did hurt in the beginning but that gone know.
Does not weigh that much for a 28", think my old Samsung 22"is weighing the same or more:eek:
Height is 45cm wide is 67cm. The height is without the stand mine is mounted to the wall.

Associate
Does not weigh that much for a 28", think my old Samsung 22"is weighing the same or more:eek:
Height is 45cm wide is 67cm. The height is without the stand mine is mounted to the wall.

Thanks. That is a monster. I don't have the option of wall mounting unfortunately. Anyone know the minimum height with the stand? Could also do with knowing depth from back of stand to front of screen (i.e. how close I can have it to the wall). Cheers.

Associate
Thanks. That is a monster. I don't have the option of wall mounting unfortunately. Anyone know the minimum height with the stand? Could also do with knowing depth from back of stand to front of screen (i.e. how close I can have it to the wall). Cheers.

The screen on its in the lowest position on the stand is 52 Cm (approximately)
The stand measures 19CM (approximately) from front to back.

Soldato

Is this just the measurement of the viewable panel, or the case of it aswell?

Also, has anyone got a pic of one next to a 22"? I'm currently running a 22" with 1680x1050, and if anything I want a higher DPI than this has already. I reckon that these 28" monsters at 1920x1200 will actually have a lower DPI than I already have?

If only they were 2560x1600 or whatever the standard 30" size is, but affordable. :(

Associate
People that have this screen. have you found that the back light when watching films is really bad ? the top seems worse ?.

You know where you get the black bars at top and bottom from the widescreen films, the black turns white rather then black lol
I know LCD'S get this, but not that bad..
Doe's other get this? part from that, it's a kick a** screen.

Associate
I have the previous model of this monitor, and one thing about it annoys me greatly:
1zp74us.jpg

As you can see in this photo of ARMA 2, the monitor will display darker colours fine, right up until the point that it reaches close to full black, at which point it suddenly becomes noticeably brighter and stands out from the rest of the shadows. This is, as you can imagine, very distracting for dark scenes in games/tv/movies.

Does this newer model exhibit this problem? (It may not be noticeable unless the rest of the room is dark also)

Associate
I have the previous model of this monitor, and one thing about it annoys me greatly:
1zp74us.jpg

As you can see in this photo of ARMA 2, the monitor will display darker colours fine, right up until the point that it reaches close to full black, at which point it suddenly becomes noticeably brighter and stands out from the rest of the shadows. This is, as you can imagine, very distracting for dark scenes in games/tv/movies.

Does this newer model exhibit this problem? (It may not be noticeable unless the rest of the room is dark also)

On this new model, it's very bad i think.. it kind of bugs my dad a lot.
I'm thinking about RMA it.. my samsung 26" isn't like this..
Part from that it's a nice screen.. guess i'll hear, you get what u pay for..
yes but this is a joke.. i know u get it with lcd screens, but not this bad.
It's a joke.. there's an echo in here :D

Associate
I currently have an RMA standing with Hannspree due to the backlight bleed, just waiting for them to receive new stock. I agree you can argue "you get what you pay for", but my older, cheaper TN screens do not suffer from this level of backlight bleed.
We'll see what the replacment brings, and I'll update here once it arrives......

Soldato
That's done it for me I'm afraid, not getting one now. :{

For me to upgrade from a perfectly good 22" at 1680x1050 it's have to be perfect for £280. (Isn't a lot really, but my current monitor can be had brand new for £120 inc postage).

Back
Top Bottom