Xbox 360 audio through soundcard

Permabanned
How do you do it?

I've tried connecting it with the optical cable that came with my asus xonar d2x, but no matter what i try i just can't get sound.

Is there a specific way to do it?

Just i want to be able to play using my HD monitor, and get sound through my sound card. my desk is also where my router is located, so if i want to play online it has to be at the desk.

Permabanned
OP
Well i done that thing on the 360 component cable.. where you take one side off, so you can plug that as well as a HDMI cable into the back.

I then plugged what i think is a optical cable that came with the xonar d2x, into the square box, and on the other end i attached what i think is a TOSLINK. on the end it was lit up red.

no matter which socket i plugged into i could not get any sound at all.

I even tried the 2 on the end. spdif out and in.

also my speakers were plugged into the usual socket, and i could get sound if i switched back to my PC.

does there happen to be an option on the xonar card, like something needing activated or anything?

to be honest i'm desperate to get this working, otherwise i'll be having to fork out 50quid on a network adaptor, so i can play on the big screen downstairs.

Permabanned
OP
hmm i've just been having a good look on Google, and it mentions something about spdif in loopback, and sure enough my xonar control panel has that option in the spdif drop down box.

Associate
If your sound card had an Optical in, then there shouldn't be a reason for it not to work.
My old card didn't have an Optical input, so i just used the RCA connectors to get stereo sound from my PC speakers. (until i had the Z-5500, then an A/V amp)

Back
Top Bottom