Anyone have the Iphone 3gs on order with Vodafone?

Soldato
Anybody pre-ordered the Iphone as an upgrade yet on Vodafone?

I can upgrade from next week which is just in time for the iphone release....I was just wondering what sort of deal any of you have got?

I've been with Vodafone for 15 months and have 2 lines coming to £45 per month at the moment.

Associate
Yes I have and im frantically searching around for another phone. I only went with the iphone because of the debacle over the HD2 and not being able to upgrade to it. Vodafones phone selection is pretty dire at the moment.

I have paid £89 for the handset and I am paying £50 per month for unlimitedtxt's 1200 minutes which is 4 times more than I use and 1gb of internet. Well I would be but Mr Parcelforce is been told to beat it on Thursday lol.

I dont know what I was thinking as I usually never follow the herd and that deal above for a 32gb phone is pretty expensive.

Associate
I know hence why Ive come to my senses and will refuse delivery. 18 Month Contract.

Have spent all day trying to buy the nexsus 1 and get google checkout to take for my visa debit card. It wont accept it.

Really really dont want the Iphone

Soldato
OP
Yeah, waiting for it to get here on the 14th fingers crossed.

I got it at £40 a month.

Did you get a discount on the handset price with it being an upgrade?

Just sent my mobile off to Mazuma mobile. Got £93 for it so pretty happy with that. Its a Samsung Omnia I900 I've had for 16 months and got for free at £35p/m contract.

It was a bit knackered, everything slowed down on it pretty much and the camera was knackered too so couldn't bring myself to rip someone off on ebay when those guys would have it off me no hassle.

Associate
Did you get a discount on the handset price with it being an upgrade?

Just sent my mobile off to Mazuma mobile. Got £93 for it so pretty happy with that. Its a Samsung Omnia I900 I've had for 16 months and got for free at £35p/m contract.

It was a bit knackered, everything slowed down on it pretty much and the camera was knackered too so couldn't bring myself to rip someone off on ebay when those guys would have it off me no hassle.

funnily enough my omnia ive had now for 18 months and its just suffered incredible slowdown in the last month. to the point where i miss calls because the phone lags too much for it to register me pressing pickup.

Soldato
my contract is expiring in a week or two, but they havent offered me any special upgrade bonus to iphone...

32gig @ £179
£35 a month for 600 mins

im asking them for a hefty amount off the handset or im switching network
They won't budge on ANYTHING, already been discussed before.
It's funny, because I got told it was all down to Apple by Vodafone customer services. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that amount to price fixing by Apple considering all networks are offering virtually the same product at almost identical prices?

If this had been Microsoft, the EU would have had them by the dogs danglies and slapped them with a massive fine with orders to remove IE from the phone.

On a slightly different note, as has been mentioned in this thread already, not sure what is wrong with Vodafone at all at the moment. My local store has the HD2 on display, which they will give me a quote for a handset, but they can't order me one. I then get told to ring customer services who tell me the store are telling me lies. I mean seriously? The guy on the phone eventually believed me and didn't have a clue what to say.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
my contract is expiring in a week or two, but they havent offered me any special upgrade bonus to iphone...

32gig @ £179
£35 a month for 600 mins

im asking them for a hefty amount off the handset or im switching network

Let me know how that goes on :)

funnily enough my omnia ive had now for 18 months and its just suffered incredible slowdown in the last month. to the point where i miss calls because the phone lags too much for it to register me pressing pickup.

Exactly the stae mine is in at the moment. Relly fed up with it, the signal is terrible at my house and Im constantly missing calls because of it. Was fine when I first had it bt after around 12 months it became a real problem. Rang vodafone and because it was a week older than 12 months sine I'd had it there was nothing they could do.

They won't budge on ANYTHING, already been discussed before.
It's funny, because I got told it was all down to Apple by Vodafone customer services. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that amount to price fixing by Apple considering all networks are offering virtually the same product at almost identical prices?

If this had been Microsoft, the EU would have had them by the dogs danglies and slapped them with a massive fine with orders to remove IE from the phone.

On a slightly different note, as has been mentioned in this thread already, not sure what is wrong with Vodafone at all at the moment. My local store has the HD2 on display, which they will give me a quote for a handset, but they can't order me one. I then get told to ring customer services who tell me the store are telling me lies. I mean seriously? The guy on the phone eventually believed me and didn't have a clue what to say.

It is a bit of a joke really. I just negotiated an 18 month contract for the Gf. 600 mins, Unlimted Texts, Unlimited internet for £21.47 and the latest Sony Eric walkman handset for £10.

Really does make me wonder if I actually need the iphone....

Soldato
OP
Just come off the phone with Vodafone. Won't be upgrading with them and will leave the remaining 3 months at a downgraded price.

Couldn't budge on the Iphone handset prices and weren't prepared to offer the HTC HD2 unless I was a business user as they no longer offer it to normal customers, not even with retentions. Even if they could they told me they could never match Virgins current deal fot he HD2......

18 months £25 per month for 500 min, unlimited texts, unlimited internet and only £50 for the handset after quidco!

Associate
Yeah Im leaving vodafone too for the HD2. It left a nasty taste in my mouth how quickly they dropped the phone and the way they left ppl who wanted it (me) and those who had ordered it in the dark.

I got the HD2 for the above deal with Virgin except since I was a virgin customer I got the first 2 months free. So with 500 mins, unltd texts and unltd web it works out at only £479.99 over the period which is cheaper than sim-free!.

I tried all weekend to cancel my iphone upgrade but I couldnt get through to the proper department until Monday to be told that all handsets have left the warehouse for delivery on the 14th.

Soldato
OP
Ah man does that mean you will be paying for both contracts?

Yeah I heard you got 2 months free. Just hope the coverage is good around my house otherwise it will be going back withing 18 days.

Got 3 months left on my contract with Vodafone and they are only letting me drop it £5 :(

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom