Anyone had a puppy ?

Associate
If you really can't manage him and you need a home, I'll take him off your hands. Seriously.

Lisa: Dad, you can't sell Stampy to him, I'm pretty sure he's an ivory dealer, his boots are ivory, his hat is ivory, his pen is ivory and I'm pretty sure that cheque is ivory!
Homer: Lisa, a guy who's got lots of ivory is less likely to hurt Stampy than a guy whose ivory supplies are low.

Associate
Get a cage, will make him feel much better at night, cover it so its dark like a den. Keep the cage small, big enough to stand turn and lie down (Stretched out comfy) any bigger and he can do his toilet in one area and live/sleep in another. He wont toilet where he has to sleep. Take advice from previous posts on getting him used to the cage. He will cry the 1st few times, dont go back to him (unless its a middle of the night toilet break)

Puppy will need to crap/pee:
- When they wake up
- Before the eat
- After they eat
- After they play (during if you get them to excited or play for more than 10mins)
- Before they sleep

Basically expect that he will need to do his stuff every 30mins to begin with, if he hasn't great! now take him out side cos he will need to!!! The more you take him out the more he will toilet outside, praise him TONES - every time. With in a few months he will be perfectly house trained. If he has an accident in the house (you will be watching him 24/7 so you will see him starting to pee/crap) dont be angry, its your fault, pick up and take outside to let him finish. Give him more praise.

Man of Honour
BTW, we spent 2-3 months with a plastic sheet covering the living room floor until we were absolutely sure our Jack Russell was house trained. :p

I am absolutely sure my two jack russlls are house trained, as they are four and were quick to take to it when pups, didn't stop one of them ******* on the rug last week though.

Permabanned
OP
Took him to vets, he was growling and barking at the vet, maliciously. He told us its a very bad sign that a 10 week old puppy, let alone a pedigree KCS was behaving like this. He recommended we take him back.

We did, yesturday. It appears now that hes got doggy version of ADHD or some behaviour problem. Poor dog. His mum (the dog) didnt fuss him and just growled at him to go away, he attacked a 2 year old dog that was there, and then was attacked by a labrador who seemed to put him in his place.

Dont think he will ever be happy :(

Soldato
lol what a crock of dog poop, your not the only person to have a dog before, its not rocket science just takes time. was he growling at you or anyone else before you took him to the vet?

Seems like you didnt need much of an excuse to get rid, if you ever have children i prey they sleep plenty and don't ever cry lol.

Permabanned
most dogs are like this at a young age,give it more time as its a bit unfair,our dog was the same at first
DSC00366.jpg

4 year old female cocker spaniel

Soldato
Wow, the vet told you to take him back!? hopefully he'll get a better owner than you. You'll not get any sympathy on these boards. Lots of dog owners, people like you should never be allowed to own an animal. :/

Caporegime
That was perfectly normal behavior and exactly what I meant when I said you have more training than just house training to do. You're supposed to help the dog familiarise itself with things like the vets, children, relatives, car journies etc.

What were you expecting? Laddie from The Simpsons? :confused:

Permabanned
OP
My old dog never had any of this behaviour, she lived untill she was 13 with a lovely, happy lifestyle.

Associate
I hope you never think of getting a pet again as you seem to be terrible of researching the animal beforehand.
Hope the dog finds a much better owner and the lack of training it has had as a puppy is not detrimental to its future!

Soldato
We have finally got him potty trained, but he wants to go every single time he wakes up, and we cant just let him out, we have to carry him out into an enclosed fenced off part of the garden, in the ice. Up down up down up down then he will randomly **** on the middle of the floor in the lounge anyway :S

it gets better i have 10 week old lab was hard from 6 weeks but they learn real quick its part of it I'm afraid just bear with it.

Associate
My old dog never had any of this behaviour, she lived untill she was 13 with a lovely, happy lifestyle.

I don't know how old you are - buy having a dog as a child is no where close to having a dog as a responsible adult.
I am very sad for the pup - I just hope he gets a happy, loving home asap and this trauma so young in life hasn't damaged him :')

Edit: also I hope you do some soul searching / growing up before you decide to have kids. Sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom