Stand Up Shows

Caporegime
Never been to one live and quite fancy it. Just reserved some tickets to the stand up in Edinburgh. Has anyone been before, any good/bad opinions?

I know a couple of people that have been, and one that goes regularly. Both of them really enjoyed it.

Caporegime
OP
With Gavin Webster, Matt Reed, Andrew Learmonth and Michael Connell. Hosted by Susan Calman.

Are the folk doing the shows. Youtubed some of them and they all seem very funny. Going to The Stand Comedy Club in Edinburgh. Really looking forward to it now, should be a good birthday.

O and they do homemade food there!

Soldato
Cool, don't recognise the names, but that doesn't mean anything - just curious! You'll have a good time. You might even grow to like it enough to go regularly.

Definitely beats watching it on DVD!

Caporegime
OP
Cool, don't recognise the names, but that doesn't mean anything - just curious! You'll have a good time. You might even grow to like it enough to go regularly.

Definitely beats watching it on DVD!

Yeah, few of them seem very funny. But I assume with most things live the setting and atmosphere always add to it.

Soldato
Yeah, few of them seem very funny. But I assume with most things live the setting and atmosphere always add to it.

To be honest, the compere will make all the difference on a night like this, it's the connection with the audience that makes a difference when you're actually there.

Associate
Me and my mates go to the stand up club in Liverpool. You get to see some brilliant acts. A lot of time they are much better then the ones on TV.

Caporegime
OP
Glad to see some positive views, can't wait now.

Lets hope the drinks are cheap!! (must be in dream world - its in Edinburgh :p)

Associate
You get a lot of abuse from the compere in the stand (if its the normal boy - dono his name), providing you dont object to very strong language it will be a good night.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
I was all set to see Ross Noble in Belfast last year until my mates got bogged down by assignments. :(

Sounds like you got off lightly.

I saw Stewart Lee last year. I was in hysterics the whole way through - amazing atmosphere and show. I've discovered that I'm not a huge fan of standup comedy. I basically only like Jack Dee, Bill Hicks and Stewart Lee consistently.

Soldato
Gavin Webster
Blech, not a fan. Last time I saw him - less than a year ago - he was still talking about Thatcher. Not even Spie does that any more :p

Don't let me put you off, however - there's always one act that'll make your evening worthwhile. Stand-up nights are great :)

EDIT: Gah, too slow again. If any of you are heading to the irrelevant corner, say hello to my post :D

Back
Top Bottom