Dubstep thread

Associate
argh its annoying, theres a dub tune that i LOVE but i cant remember it. All i can remember is the main "tune" has like 6 repeated high notes and then down every note after for like 5 notes or so. :/ ARGH

Hmm that's a little vague :p
EDIT: This song just came on after I replied, the synth fits your description?

Recently I've just been listening to some older dubstep songs, loving violin tunes such as Caspa - Cockney Violin and Plastician - Japan. Also been listening to a bit of Nero who are probably two of my favourite producers/DJs. Love their remixes of The Streets' songs <3

Last edited:

int

int

Soldato
Check out RUN at Motion (Bristol) on 30th January:

RUN 004. CHASE & STATUS (DJ SET) + HYPE + CASPA + GLITCH MOB + HAZARD + D*MINDS + JOKER + TAYO + TRG + BLAME + SPY at Motion Sk8park by Temple Meads in Bristol on Sat 30 Jan 10--10pm - Over 18s only

As always C+S will be amazing, the one to look out for is Glitch Mob, really looking forward to seeing them play.

Also, a friend of mine has been working on a couple of remixes and a tune of his own, would be great to see what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDubchamber

Associate
I've been following Dubstep since about 2007, and think it's probably the best sound to emerge from this country for years...

I personally prefer slightly deeper, melodic stuff. Guys like Silkie, Quest, Kromestar, Heny G, Mala, Von D (French, but absolutely amazing producer!)...Mr Lager, etc. Have a lot of time for the big wobblers...Coki and Jakes are IMHO the best at that particular side of dubstep. Here's a little mixture of stuff, let me know what you think....

If you like what you hear, remember to SUPPORT your artists! All of these tracks have been released, and people like Silkie have albums out on CD. The UK has always been a hotbed for talent and good music, but unfortunately we also like freebies!

;)

Associate
I've been following Dubstep since about 2007, and think it's probably the best sound to emerge from this country for years...

I personally prefer slightly deeper, melodic stuff. Guys like Silkie, Quest, Kromestar, Heny G, Mala, Von D (French, but absolutely amazing producer!)...Mr Lager, etc. Have a lot of time for the big wobblers...Coki and Jakes are IMHO the best at that particular side of dubstep. Here's a little

Saw Kromestar play an awesome set a couple months back. See him if you get the chance :D

Soldato
Can't remember if i have posted this on here before but anyway:
"Mishka Presenting Keep Watch Vol. 3: The Others & Roguestar"
Track list: http://mishkanyc.verbsite.com.lg1x8...uploads/2008/11/theotherskeepwatchbackbig.jpg
http://mishkanyc.com/bloglin/2008/11/10/presenting-keep-watch-vol-3-the-others-roguestar/ (download link under picture)

Whilst we're talking about things to check out, if you are in the NW or can get to Liverpool then this is UNMISSABLE!

Chibuku Shake Shake
Saturday 6th February

Crookers (DJ Set)
DJ Hype
Shy FX & MC Stamina
Sir David 'RAMJAM' Roddigan
Emalkay
The Others
Rich Furness
Joy Orbison
SIX AM
James Rand & Mr Paul

+Many more TBA

A couple of those haven't actually been released ont he Chibuku website yet but they are confirmed.#

Oh and also if you are down south (Bournemouth)

January 30th @ The Old Fire Station
Main Room Powered by... OPERATION SOUND SYSTEM
Ragga Twins
The Others
Trolley Snatcha Vs Funtcase (host Skydro)

+ 12 other artists across the 2 other rooms

Last edited:
Soldato

I personally prefer slightly deeper, melodic stuff. Guys like Silkie, Quest, Kromestar, Heny G, Mala, Von D (French, but absolutely amazing producer!)...Mr Lager, etc. Have a lot of time for the big wobblers...Coki and Jakes are IMHO the best at that particular side of dubstep. Here's a little mixture of stuff, let me know what you think....
Jakes is the man! :D I like Joker and Gemmy also, I'm quite liking a few of the local artists in Bristol, as well as the whole Purple sound thing.

If you like the more melodic stuff, check out 2562, Martyn, Boxcutter and TRG. :)

Wobble is nice in a club, but I find it wears a little thin after a while... Perhaps I'm getting too old for this! :o :D

Back
Top Bottom