New Xbox360 Data tranfer cable lend out

Associate
I thought that the free cable that you send off to MS would only work with your own XBoxes and no other, hence the need to give them the serial numbers of both consoles. Is the cable you're sending around the one ordered free from MS or is it a different cable and thus the DRM issue won't apply?

All cables should do the same thing. the whole DRM issue is solved by transferring the licenses over to the new machine - you should only need to do this once - checkout the guide on the offical xbox 360 site.

Associate
OP
Serial no. is so MS can capture your date of purchase and ensure they only send one cable per customer and to the original owner only, as stated on the form.

Although easily done adding the s/n to the SW would be a pita and total waste of time for MS. I'll link to the guides tonight when I get time.

Associate
I just received this today and started now - I was asked to do an update, then the console reboot and now it just says XBOX 360 - does it not show a progress bar or anything?

edit: never mind - it's because I hadn't even set up my new elite yet. Transferring now!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd like to be added to this please. I have zero trust as I've never dealt in MM before, if you're not sure then no worries dude. Although I have been here for a number of years now, so should hopefully go in my favour.

Soldato
I'd like to be added to this please. I have zero trust as I've never dealt in MM before, if you're not sure then no worries dude. Although I have been here for a number of years now, so should hopefully go in my favour.

You only need trust access from the stipulation above. You should have that due to your 3k+ post count :)

Soldato
cable received back today, thanks for the quick turn around. No reply yet from solaris.... Cut off monday. Mail sent to apatia77 in case.

Just seen this capriboy1978:

Hi, recieved a few e-mails over the weekend to my work e-mail (which I rarely check at weekends) saying I'm up next for the cable.

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm no longer in need of this.

Many thanks for the offer.

Seems he posted it in the wrong thread so you can send it on to the next person in the list :)

Associate
OP

trust access is just to weed out people who join with no commitment to the forum or those with negatives. Added you bud.

Just seen this capriboy1978:

Seems he posted it in the wrong thread so you can send it on to the next person in the list :)

Cheers, had no reply so on route to apatia77 today.

Soldato
I should receive the cable today and will post it to usel as he already contacted me the next available day.

EDIT: Doesn't look like I'm getting this today, hopeful tomorrow.
EDIT: Received cable today, should post it to usel tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
I received cable yesterday and will be posting it to usel this afternoon as I already managed to do the transfer. I will email usel with the tracking number this afternoon.

Thank you capriboy1978 for the cable and all the hard work you've put into this.

Soldato
I thought it had to be returned back to capriboy1978 when you're finished with it. Or have I got that wrong?

That would be the case if usel didn't reply to capriboy1978's email (I think).

EDIT: Posted already to usel (also emailed him with tracking no.)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
As per first post i'm happy for it to go from member to member as long as I've agreed beforehand.

This is so primarily so I can keep track of the thing but also of course to keep it being sent to unscrupulous members like wossi ;) A member for 6 yrs and no trust..... :p

Member to member saves on postage and time, just check with me first and copy me into mails - tracking numbers etc etc ;)

Back
Top Bottom