Phone now adding +44 to all numbers - doesn't recognise Contacts

Associate
Been to France over xmas and now my phone adds +44 to all numbers meaning it doesn't recognise any contacts. Changing the contacts to +44 means the number then arrives as 07... without the +44 and, again, doesn't recognise the contact.

Hasn't done it to all contacts. Just most. Why?

EDIT: N95.

Last edited:
Associate
Might help if you tell us what phone you have :p

I input all my phone numbers as internationally useable anyway to save such hassle in the future when I am away. It costs exactly the same to ring geographic landlines and mobiles with a +44 or whatever in front of it when at home in England so why not?

Associate
maybe setting your phone country to uk might help? maybe the network there switched the time and country stuff, etc (if possible).. but the uk network did not do the same on your return.

Soldato
Do you know what my N95 8Gb has started doing this, albeit to ONE contact only! There is only entry of that person's number in my contacts list and i've checked and double checked.

I have the app from the Ovi store that previews messages when you get them, and wierdly the contact name appears correctly there but when you go into the message itself it appears as the +44 number :confused:

I have no idea why it's doing this. Although to be honest it's over 2 years old now (!) and will be chopping it in for an N900 soon :p to be honest it's been the best phone i've ever had, it's not had a thing go wrong with it *touches wood*, so i've been a happy chappy :)

Associate
Do you know what my N95 8Gb has started doing this, albeit to ONE contact only! There is only entry of that person's number in my contacts list and i've checked and double checked.

I have the app from the Ovi store that previews messages when you get them, and wierdly the contact name appears correctly there but when you go into the message itself it appears as the +44 number :confused:

I have no idea why it's doing this. Although to be honest it's over 2 years old now (!) and will be chopping it in for an N900 soon :p to be honest it's been the best phone i've ever had, it's not had a thing go wrong with it *touches wood*, so i've been a happy chappy :)
maybe you got the same number saved twice..

Back
Top Bottom