Official Windows 7 bootcamp drivers released

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Thanks for the heads up.

How is this installed? I assume once you've loaded W7 you double click the .exe?

Soldato
cheers for the heads up Feek just installed W7 64bit the other day and somethings just dont work until now :D (well when the update is done)

edit: guys for some reason the 3.1 will not install on its own as you need 3.0 but i cannot for monkey nuts get the thing to install on windows 7 (from the SL disc or dragging and dropping the file to desktop) any help please ??

Last edited:
Associate
This is brilliant, thanks!

This sorted the only issue that I had, which was that I couldn't install the latest nVidia notebook drivers from the nVidia website (Didn't want to use an INF hack as I watch Blu-ray movies).

Since installing this it must have changed something somewhere, but I can now install the latest from the website. :D

Cheers Apple!

Commissario
OP
Thanks for the heads up.

How is this installed? I assume once you've loaded W7 you double click the .exe?

What do I need to install Windows 7?

Windows 7 requires Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard and the Boot Camp 3.1 Update. For complete system requirements information, see this article.

What types of Windows 7 installations are supported?

There are two types of installations, a new install and upgrade install. See the Boot Camp Installation & Setup Guide for information about both kinds of installations.

How do I install Windows 7?

First, use Software Update to ensure your computer's Mac OS X operating system, Boot ROM, other firmware and software are up-to-date before installing Windows 7.

You'll need both your Mac OS X v10.6 installation and Windows 7 installation discs. Here is the general process:

1. Install Windows 7 using the Boot Camp Setup Assistant (located in /Applications/Utilities), which partitions your hard drive and walks you through the installation process. The process differs depending on whether you are performing a new install of Windows 7 or an upgrade install from an earlier version of Windows (see Boot Camp Installation & Setup Guide for more information).
2. After completing the Windows 7 installation, install the Apple Boot Camp Windows drivers from your Mac OS X v10.6 (or later) Install DVD.
3. Upgrade the drivers to Version 3.1 with Windows Apple Software Update, or manually download them from here.

source

Associate
What do I need to install Windows 7?

Windows 7 requires Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard and the Boot Camp 3.1 Update. For complete system requirements information, see this article.

What types of Windows 7 installations are supported?

There are two types of installations, a new install and upgrade install. See the Boot Camp Installation & Setup Guide for information about both kinds of installations.

How do I install Windows 7?

First, use Software Update to ensure your computer's Mac OS X operating system, Boot ROM, other firmware and software are up-to-date before installing Windows 7.

You'll need both your Mac OS X v10.6 installation and Windows 7 installation discs. Here is the general process:

1. Install Windows 7 using the Boot Camp Setup Assistant (located in /Applications/Utilities), which partitions your hard drive and walks you through the installation process. The process differs depending on whether you are performing a new install of Windows 7 or an upgrade install from an earlier version of Windows (see Boot Camp Installation & Setup Guide for more information).
2. After completing the Windows 7 installation, install the Apple Boot Camp Windows drivers from your Mac OS X v10.6 (or later) Install DVD.
3. Upgrade the drivers to Version 3.1 with Windows Apple Software Update, or manually download them from here.

source

Thanks for the guide but I take it I have to install Windows first before updating the Bootcamp??

Soldato
Feeky my old chum

I installed Windows 7 (64bit), and neither my original SL or the 3.1 Update will install.

How on earth do I get 3.0 which is on the disc installed? I can install the drivers one by one, but thats without the actual Bootcamp program?

Stuck dude!?

Commissario
OP
Hmm, I installed the 32 bit version of Windows 7 on my Mac Mini so that the family can play their rubbish old Windows games - I just put the DVD that came with the Mac into the machine once it was running Windows and it autoran the 3.0 bootcamp stuff, then I ran the 3.1 upgrade.

Tried putting your original DVD in that came with the Mac?

allosunshine - Yes, you quoted the appropriate bit yourself:

Soldato
It's simply a case of not liking 64bit, it won't install 3.0 off my Snow Leopard disc, nor will it work if I copy over the folder. Never mind the fact of installing 3.1 since it's an update to 3.0

Deleted now anyway, cos I was in a huff!

Might try again tomorrow with 32bitness.

Associate
This is brilliant, thanks!

This sorted the only issue that I had, which was that I couldn't install the latest nVidia notebook drivers from the nVidia website (Didn't want to use an INF hack as I watch Blu-ray movies).

Since installing this it must have changed something somewhere, but I can now install the latest from the website. :D

Cheers Apple!

I take this back, it doesn't seem to have solved the issue at all. :(

Commissario
OP
It's simply a case of not liking 64bit, it won't install 3.0 off my Snow Leopard disc, nor will it work if I copy over the folder. Never mind the fact of installing 3.1 since it's an update to 3.0

Hmmm.

I have a 64 bit Windows 7 installation on my Mac Pro but I've not booted into it for a couple of months. I got the 3.0 stuff onto it without any problem but I've not bothered to install the 3.1 update yet as I've simply not even booted into it since it was released!

Commissario
OP
Just for the pleasure of it, I've booted into Windows 7 and have run the Apple Software Update for the 3.1 Boot Camp Update - It's grabbed it and gone through perfectly.

Soldato
Just for the pleasure of it, I've booted into Windows 7 and have run the Apple Software Update for the 3.1 Boot Camp Update - It's grabbed it and gone through perfectly.

See thats what I was referring too, I could install the core drivers individually but not under the main apple.exe thus leaving out any official Apple Bootcamp.

It worked but I couldn't officially install it properly.

Anyway, deleted it now. Must have been a bad copy, er I mean bad day.

Back
Top Bottom