My 200mph budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
lol, the green eyes of OcUK motors bears its face again, just couldn't keep down. :(

It's TT's money to do as he pleases. Why spoil his thread, i don't want to read your inquisitive comments that have no relation to the subject, or indeed, anything to do with you.

Back on topic.....

Transmission breaker
Don
Good luck with this. If you are anything like me, this sort of challenge is what drives you and gets you out of bed and into work in the mornings.
The fact that people say it cannot be done would only make my drive to do it stronger!!

Man of Honour
lol, the green eyes of OcUK motors bears its face again, just couldn't keep down. :(

You do actually know what 'green eyes' are, right? Why are there members on this forum who think that anyone who doesnt jump around and throw a party for anyone who posts something on this forum absolutely must be 'jealous'? Do you not think that people are able to discuss aspects of a project like this whilst NOT motivated by jealousy? What exactly are they supposed to be jealous of anyway?

He was the one who decided to tell us all exactly how much he earnt and how much it cost. If you bring that information into a thread, you must be prepared to discuss it and accept peoples opinions on it. If you dont want that, thats fine - just dont mention it and nobody can discuss it.

But seriously, jealousy? I suspect confusion motivates most of the comments, I doubt anyone is jealous!

Like it or not money is probably one of the most important forces in the world. Finance is probably one of the most important factors of any project of this type. Therefore people will always want to discuss it - especially in a project like this where people will be intruiged as to how its funded etc. It's pretty simple to avoid it, you just... dont bring it up in the first place.

Last edited:

Izi

Izi

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15806646 said:
I dont understand how you can afford to build a 200mph highly modified RX7 whilst working part time in a call centre or even why you'd attempt such a project under those circumstances :confused:

when did it become your business?

Man of Honour
It's unreasonable to expect to be able to post information onto a public forum and then NOT have people discuss it. If he wants to keep it to himself - thats entirely his choice to do so. He cant decide NOT to keep it to himself and then have the boring people defence squad rock up on horse back to snipe at people who chose to discuss information posted on a public discussion forum.

Don't want to discuss the financial aspect of a project? Cool - don't!

Soldato
post-5758-1225601204.gif

Can we have that smilie added for this forum please.

Good luck with the project OP, will be watching with interest.

Man of Honour
Lets draw a line under it and stop going round in circles. In future, if you don't wish to discuss financial details then dont mention them.

Soldato
I like the sound of this...

Sounds a bit dangerous, but hell, that's life!

£10K is an insanely low amount of money, well done to the OP, and despite the usual 'kids' trying to score points with the predictable questions, it's quite nice to see someone able to do this on a shoestring..

Can't wait to see how it all pans out!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Party at Fox's, 8pm. Bring your receipts from the last 12 months and all the accounts you have :p

He made a point of how hard it doesn't need to be to undertake something like this. It's clearly not happened overnight so some saving and planning has happened to make sure he can afford more than beans on toast, not that it matters what he eats as a result (lets not go there). There are aspirations to get into the RAF and as soon as that happens projects like this will hit the backburner. If I could do things like this right now I would because I don't see myself having the spare cash in 5/6 years time when I might earn enough as I'll probably have kids and bigger responsibilities etc etc.

It would be nice to look back on "when I went 200mph" or "when I nearly hit 200mph and did a Hammond" one day rather than "when I worked in a call centre and played XBox all day".

Man of Honour
Before I reply do I take it you've no interest in drawing a line under it and wish to continue to discuss it? I honestly dont mind but felt the rest of the forum did...?

Associate
OP
Some people won't get what your doing, ignore them and let us who are interested enjoy this !

What magazines do you have interested then?

Redline magazine have defo said they will cover it, will pay for the day out and hiring bruntingthorpe, i just need to turn up, should be about a 3-4page full feature with loads of pics, ive told them thats fine but i want to write the tech for it, so many mistakes are made in mags that if this is the only time im gonna be in i want it to be correct.

[TW]Fox;15808069 said:
You do actually know what 'green eyes' are, right? Why are there members on this forum who think that anyone who doesnt jump around and throw a party for anyone who posts something on this forum absolutely must be 'jealous'? Do you not think that people are able to discuss aspects of a project like this whilst NOT motivated by jealousy? What exactly are they supposed to be jealous of anyway?

He was the one who decided to tell us all exactly how much he earnt and how much it cost. If you bring that information into a thread, you must be prepared to discuss it and accept peoples opinions on it. If you dont want that, thats fine - just dont mention it and nobody can discuss it.

But seriously, jealousy? I suspect confusion motivates most of the comments, I doubt anyone is jealous!

Like it or not money is probably one of the most important forces in the world. Finance is probably one of the most important factors of any project of this type. Therefore people will always want to discuss it - especially in a project like this where people will be intruiged as to how its funded etc. It's pretty simple to avoid it, you just... dont bring it up in the first place.

Hey mate im sorry if i snapped at you a bit on here, it was late last night and my girlfriend was moaning at me after she came home drunk, took it out on you a bit

Really interested in this thread, hope you do it mate:)

On a side note, how do you only spend £30 a month on food? I spend more than that a week!

Pretty simple really, today im gonna have a pizza that are £3 for 3, they are massive so that will do me for the rest of the day.

I by 9p noodles because i like them and tinned stuff because its easy to microwave.

I dont bother with takeaways or anything like that, last one i had was last year that my gf bought me for taking her out for the day

Party at Fox's, 8pm. Bring your receipts from the last 12 months and all the accounts you have :p

He made a point of how hard it doesn't need to be to undertake something like this. It's clearly not happened overnight so some saving and planning has happened to make sure he can afford more than beans on toast, not that it matters what he eats as a result (lets not go there). There are aspirations to get into the RAF and as soon as that happens projects like this will hit the backburner. If I could do things like this right now I would because I don't see myself having the spare cash in 5/6 years time when I might earn enough as I'll probably have kids and bigger responsibilities etc etc.

It would be nice to look back on "when I went 200mph" or "when I nearly hit 200mph and did a Hammond" one day rather than "when I worked in a call centre and played XBox all day".

Exactly, one thing that has dawned on me in life is, dont miss out, im not gonna be one of those old blokes who sits around wishing he had done certain things in his life, because by then its to late.

Ive won a few race events before so i know how to peddle a car and i find that really brings out the best in me, i love to learn and come up with my own ideas to achieve something, my last car had about 6 big things that no one had ever done before and thats why it won.

I do want to get into the RAF, got my final 3 day selection in april, this will infact speed the process of this build up because ill have more money, plus plenty of airfields to practice on before the big day.

To be honest things like this keep me going in life, anyone with a big budget can do 200mph but no one has ever done it with the budget ive got and thats what i think makes it special and pushes me.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If anything him discussing his finances, people saying how the hell and him answering that makes the thread more interesting.

Person A: You can do Project Y whilst earning only XYZ!
Person B: No you cant!
Person A: You can, look
Person B: Oh...
Person C: Wow, I never knew that was possible, thats inspired me to have a go!
Person D: OMG GREEN EYED MONSTER OMG I POST JUNK

See?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15808660 said:
If anything him discussing his finances, people saying how the hell and him answering that makes the thread more interesting.

Person A: You can do Project Y whilst earning only XYZ!
Person B: No you cant!
Person A: You can, look
Person B: Oh...
Person C: Wow, I never knew that was possible, thats inspired me to have a go!
Person D: OMG GREEN EYED MONSTER OMG I POST JUNK

See?

I know it does, I was talking the pee, hence the :p

You just draw the fire being a forum celebrity and all :D

I was just interpreting the situation how I see it. Some people put themselves massively in debt to do things like this or blow their student loans on it. In this case it all seems to be done properly and there's no reason to call him out on it. I'm thinking in the back of my mind how I might achieve something similar.

Man of Honour
Heck come on, I got a 10 page grilling into my personal financial circumstances when I bought my car and I was earning more and all I did was buy a car :p

Soldato
I've never read a serious thread in motors where people haven't got their knickers in a twist. It isn't Fox et al's posts that are causing the problems (and I do understand their POV), but I do understand the POV of the "Green Eyed Monster" brigade too.

Like it's been said, draw a line under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom