Download Festival 2010

Associate
Who do you reckon the other 2 headliners will be, I've got no idea, Soundgarden maybe :confused:

After seeing TCV at Hammersmith in December, I was amazed, I was hoping they would be at Reading, but clearly not now, they'll be awesome!

Soldato
I think if need be, I'll even buy a day pass just to see Deftones :D

You what??? The Deftones are one of the worst bands for translating cd to live I've had the dubious pleasure of seeing. I really like them for things live My Own Summer (Shove It), Be Quiet and Drive stuff from the Back to School time, but they are just utter rubbish live

Soldato
Gonna see if I can talk my Mrs in letting me go thou as will be cheaper than flying to Poland for Sonisphere and already doing Sonisphere in the UK.

Associate
I went to my first DL festival last year as I was given a free ticket. I was worried it'd be full of rampaging teenagers, a lá Reading Festival (I was one once!), however I was pleasantly surprised that the core demograph appeared to lean more towards mature, music affecinardos. I think I'll go again.

Soldato
You what??? The Deftones are one of the worst bands for translating cd to live I've had the dubious pleasure of seeing. I really like them for things live My Own Summer (Shove It), Be Quiet and Drive stuff from the Back to School time, but they are just utter rubbish live
Simply not true. I've seen them three times on their own tour, on their own stage and they're easily one of the best live bands.

Have you only seen them at festivals? Hardly enough to judge by.

Soldato
Simply not true. I've seen them three times on their own tour, on their own stage and they're easily one of the best live bands.

Have you only seen them at festivals? Hardly enough to judge by.

I've seen them on there own tours twice and multiple festival shows and they have disappointed each time. They just don't translate well at all.

Soldato
I've seen them on there own tours twice and multiple festival shows and they have disappointed each time. They just don't translate well at all.
Perhaps they're getting old then... I saw them touring Around The Fur in Brixton in the 90's and they ruined the place, it was incredible.

Again in 2006 in Bristol they were stunning from start to finish.

Soldato
Unless that Download lineup is absolutely mind-blowing (and so far it isn't in my eyes) then I won't be going. The camping area just ain't big enough when you compare it to other festivals.

Associate

When was this? The last 2/3 times they played the UK they were excellent, maybe 4 years before that they were **** live.

Associate
Its not the hardest hitting first announcement, maybe cause ac/dc was expected and i saw them 2 times last year. Stone Temple Pilots are the biggest surprise for me and a very pleasant one. But the rest of the so far announcement is abit weak compared to sonispheres first bands. Saying that I would most likely see 7 out of the 9 announced, 4 for the first time. Im sure the lineup will look better in a week or so when more bands get added.

Back
Top Bottom