Haggling tips for mobile contracts!

Soldato
I should get my new blackberry today, but i still need to call up Orange to addon BiS plan.

Basically, got any tips to haggle the price? I'm on £35 a month, unlimited text and 400 minutes, i'm thinking maybe ask to take minutes off (i rarely call, probably use like 100-200 minutes if that) and to add on the BiS instead as i don't want to go over £35 a month, something like that? I've been with Orange for a few years now.

Someone said they were on £35 a month too, added the bundle on, and haggled with the woman, and he got her to make it £25 a month then adding the bundle on top, i want that! Got it even cheaper lol

Any tactics to use? Special "words"? lol :) Thanks.

Soldato
Your more likely to get them to be nice with you, if you have been with them for abit, i can't see why they can't drop ur mins down, and add the BIS so its still within budget, just call and see what they can do for you.

Basicly my only tip is be nice, chat with them, that allways seems to work for me, ask them how there day is going, and stuff like that.

One of my friends recently tried to get a decent deal out of t-mobile when his contract was out, but lets just say he was very demanding, got no where really, month later it was my turn to try and i got a HTC HD2 on a £10 p/m contract (free net) and only having to pay £90 for the phone. My mate was like how the **** did you get that, i laughed so much.

So best tip i could ever give, is talk with them as if you actully knew them, it works wonders lol.

Soldato
Just go in with what you want, something reasonable, don't leave until you've got it.
"02 have just offered me .... I am thinking of leaving vodafone unless you can match or better it" seems to work.

Soldato
OP
I would go for that option, but i've just renewed to a new contract, it's about 3 months old, so i think they would be happy for me to do that, considering it would be a lot to pay off.

Soldato
if you are still in a contract you have no bargaining power at all

all you can do is phone them up and ask nicely

if they say no, then its no

Associate
You can't haggle when you're 3 months into a contract. You've already agreed a price for what you're getting. If your contract has any bolt ons included you might be able to get them to change it to something else. I've done this in the past with O2.

Back
Top Bottom