Tesco bans Pyjamas instore...

Associate
It is cringe-worthy seeing some people out in public wearing pyjamas, especially when it's blatently obvious that they've slept in them the night before, and probably many before that. I guess some people just really do not have any self awareness nor any idea of social etiquette. Round here, the pink pj's and UGG boots combination is quite popular, shame as well because some of them are quite nice looking girls. Still, I'd rather go to Marks and Spencer or failing that Waitrose than Tesco anyway. :)

Soldato
I dont find it socially unacceptable. I dont waste my time on checking what everyone is wearing I have better things to do. Too much time on your hands i guess?? "oh no that person is wearing pj's, i really cant buy what i need now"

Well Tesco and most people in this thread do find it socially unacceptable. PJ's are for sleeping in, not walking around in public buildings.

Man of Honour
Pity that Tesco had to ban it because common sense couldn't prevail.

Get dressed idiots.

It is cringe-worthy seeing some people out in public wearing pyjamas, especially when it's blatently obvious that they've slept in them the night before, and probably many before that. I guess some people just really do not have any self awareness nor any idea of social etiquette. Round here, the pink pj's and UGG boots combination is quite popular, shame as well because some of them are quite nice looking girls. Still, I'd rather go to Marks and Spencer or failing that Waitrose than Tesco anyway. :)

Very similar to here actually (Liverpool).

Edit - oh you're from Liverpool lol! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
good luck getting your weaks shop from them....

anyway in the summer maybe they will ban shorts+tshirt

Weeks shop comes from Waitrose, Weekends come from Fortums. And yes they do.. Its smart casual for the majority of the store and restaurants, but you must lean toward Elegance for St James's Restaurant.

Soldato
Well Tesco and most people in this thread do find it socially unacceptable. PJ's are for sleeping in, not walking around in public buildings.

i dont care what other people think about it, i was giving my personal opinion.i guess its the same thing, you worry too much about what others think..... and get off your high horse or word your posts differently, you sound like your getting very worked up.

on a side note, if thats the case then people shouldnt be allowed to wear running trainers or gym clothes to a shop (some of the sports shorts can be very short lol) ???

Soldato
i dont care what other people think about it, i was giving my personal opinion.i guess its the same thing, you worry too much about what others think..... and get off your high horse or word your posts differently, you sound like your getting very worked up.

And I gave my opinion back. Yes I worry about what people think, otherwise I would just go around swearing at people and using lampposts are toilet posts. How is expecting people to be dressed in normal day wear when out in the day being on a high horse? And getting worked up? Nope, perhaps you need to interpret my posts better, it's just a discussion.

Associate
Very similar to here actually (Liverpool).

Edit - oh you're from Liverpool lol! :p

You're perceptive! (or maybe it was the UGG boots part!?) But yeah, I find some areas of town or the city centre for example you don't see any pyjama people, but then others, ala Kensington/Old Swan or Tuebrook they're out 24/7 in full force...

Associate
DudeAbides1.jpg

Don't see what's wrong with it to be honest!

The Dude can do whatever he wants :p

When I was at uni in Edinburgh, the Yahs (Rahs, yuppies... whatever) would always waltz about in their PJ bottoms, flip-flops/uggs, leavers hoody, just been s****ed hair etc. They'd go everywhere like that - lectures, shops, everywhere except the clubs and pubs where they had to make an effort!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've walked to a local tesco express with boxers and a jumper on before (and trainers) and they weren't too bothered.

I go there all the time so I know most of the staff :)

Soldato
hmm, i think its funny when people shop in their pjs.
Dont see whats wrong with barefooted, maybe its cos people will start to moan about how dirty the floors are.
I barefoot in ASDA every so often, mostly when im still ruined from the night before and havnt got comfy shoes on... and my feet go black

Caporegime
Yeah, I've walked in to tesco in a fair few odd looking states of dress tbh.

I remember going to Asda really sodding early on a Friday morning after a house party, was about 4 of us and we were in odd states of undress and we all went and bought cans of coke and grapes and then went and got back in the car.

Everyone looks at you funny, but they kinda understand :D

Back
Top Bottom