Turn off date from showing in systray (Win7)

Associate
Is there any way I can get rid of the date from showing on the taskbar in Windows 7?

I use the small taskbar and would like to see just the time in the corner (as in XP/Vista), but not have the date showing underneath.

It'd be ok if I used the full size superbar, but it doesn't look right using the thinner sized bar.

Can't seem to find out anywhere how to switch it off and it's really annoying me now. :p

Soldato
Do you have Icon size set to small?

When I set my icons on the taskbar to be big the date appears, but when I use small icons it only shows the time.

right click taskbar > properties > use small icons.

Soldato
Are you using just a single line taskbar or do you have it slightly up?

Single:
Capture5.png

Double:
capture6.png

If you have it slightly up instead of single I don't think you can get rid of the date unless there is a registry fix for it. I've also tried it the way it is in Vista but still the same there.

Permabanned
I did that, but it's just gone back to the default date as the screenshot below shows.

Here's a piccy of the systray.
j58goi.jpg

As you can see it's the thin taskbar, but the date is still there. Grrrrrrrrr! :mad:

Are you using some sort of custom theme? As that doesn't look like the windows 7 task bar, looks like Vista's one (except for the desktop peak button).

Associate
OP
The only thing different in the systray is that I'm using the Lanlights app instead of the rubbish Win7 network icon.

TBH, I've flipped through the built in Win7 themes to see if there were any differences, but sadly unless I select the 'classic' theme the date stays. :(

Aod

Aod

Soldato
The only thing different in the systray is that I'm using the Lanlights app instead of the rubbish Win7 network icon.

TBH, I've flipped through the built in Win7 themes to see if there were any differences, but sadly unless I select the 'classic' theme the date stays. :(

that DEFINITELY is NOT the normal windows 7 theme. it should look like this:
tray.png

<edit>

as an aside, please stop using AVG - it slows your computer down massively and provides very minimal protection.

Soldato
Something funny going on with that theme, as the icons are not the windows 7 icons.
My date goes away fine when I want it to, but i prefer having it there, it is occasionally useful.

Back
Top Bottom