Corsair H50 or air !?

Soldato
ok so if you at all the reveiws all over the net they are wrong ? like i said im not on about idleing im on about LOAD... whats you load at 3.8 ?

I have just got rid of my H50-1 so i know what sort of temps and there is no way your going to get under 60c @ 4Ghz with that cooler.

:D:D H50 can get under 60c @ 4Ghz (I did that twices) and it possible (yes it can be) depend on your cherry chipset and all windows open !

Associate
You can get under 60c depending on what you overclock, just the cpu on its own is not that bad. The temps went up on mine when I overclocked the northbridge and HT. but I got a good combination of the two that doesnt exceed 55c. So with the H50's low profile fitted with some quiet but high cfm fans does the trick For me, it was just a gadget and plus I didnt want a huge air cooler which could damage the board etc and didnt want to spend £200 on water cooling parts so for me it was a good choice.

Soldato
Actually, Ramguy stated quite plainly that they ( Corsair ) do not provide any warranty other than on the H50. They do not cover your hardware.

There are examples of Corsair replacing equipment damaged if you can show that the h50 wasn't mistreated and that once rma'd if it was to fault they will replace your gear.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=83249 Plus i remember a post by ramguy a while ago to the effects of "if its proven the H50 si to fault corsair will cover replacement costs once the components have been tested and confirmed unworking"

Associate
Hi,

4.2 gig out of an i7 920 with air cooling ( megellans two fans in push pull config )
full load for hours peeks at 70 degrees and no more in core temp widget

so if it is temp safe i cant really tell the differance between having either
the two fans on mine are ultra quiet also

Ian

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to opt for the H50.

Shame i cant get into the MM to see if there's any 2nd hand ones going though !

Soldato
There are examples of Corsair replacing equipment damaged if you can show that the h50 wasn't mistreated and that once rma'd if it was to fault they will replace your gear.

I knew that I read this somewhere, after reading FilterFish's post, I started doubting myself, thinking that I'd just imagined it!!!

Back
Top Bottom