great avatar review

Caporegime
Haha, pretty funy.

Although I did think Avatar was great.

Some of the stuff he points out is very obvious though :confused:. He may as well teach a semminar on movie conventions. Note the word "CONVENTIONS". these are not tricks, or cliche's that the director is using, but conventions.

Big difference, and something that the reviewer should read up on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Excellent review, hilarious! This one is not for the Avatar fanboys. :D

Is it actually worth seeing? Heard mixed reviews and read a lot of stuff about the film similar to the mick take review about how the film works on your heart strings for it to be a good movie, not that there is actually anything special about it.

Would have been better if the blue dudes looked like something out of the Alien film and then try convincing the audience to love them bad boys :D

Associate
I think the main aspect of the film everyone fell in love with is the state of the art 3D effects. Visually the film is a master piece, new technology huge budget and a strange new world that its set on makes for a brilliant watch the CGI characters look almost real as if they were actually a real race of people used to make the film.
Story line wise its just a usual forbidden love story amongst unlikely characters (and races) followed by a power tripped bad guy who doesnt care for humanoid life only money and power this in turn leads to a war against the under dogs to which we all know who is going to win andthen end.
All in all though IMO id say worth the watch especially in 3D

Caporegime
Hm changed my mind about this review after watching the end of the second part

I know its only a joke and a very tongue in cheek video but no one got "played" or "conned" to go and see the film. It was a masterfully done piece of escapist entertainment that many people enjoyed.

The real irony is the fact that he harps on about the film having a simple anti money making/manipulative corporation message....just before filling his own video with how bad hollywood is for being a manipulative corporation :confused:

Reviewer is a very confused man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom