Want 2x2gb to go with an unavailable product

Associate
With the order I made last year I purchased the following...

OCZ Platinum Enhanced Bandwidth Edition 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C7 1600MHz Dual Channel (OCZ3P1600EB4GK)

now these are out of stock and I can't seem to find anymore.

Should I look for another product and get 8gb or will the following product work with it?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-180-OC&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=

it's to go on a formula crosshair board which has a maximum of 1333MHz which the board can overclock to 1600MHz but I have my ram stable over that speed already.

so I was also looking to add the dual channel corsair ram cooler on the modules as I've just purchased the h50 to go with my 955 Phenom that's overclocked to 3.88GHz.

I'm always able to get more on an overclock when using 8GB

Associate
The only ones you listed are C8, unlike the ones you own which are C7, so that might hamper overclocking and you have to manually set all the timings to C8, unless the new RAM sticks you buy can work at C7 :)

Associate
ah, didn't think about the latency on the old ones, would have thought they'd be the same.

Looks like I'm stuck then

running your old sticks at C8 instead of C7 won't result in any difference in real world usage, only in memory benchmarks :)

My OCZ Gold overclock really well, so if you buy that C8 set you might get them down to C7 and still run them stable. For example my RAM set is rated to operate at 1333MHz @ 9-9-9-22 timings, whereas I run them at almost 1600MHz @ 8-7-7-14 timings :)

Back
Top Bottom