• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Want to run Dual HD 5770s but is my PSU up to the job???

Associate
Pretty much looking for someone who like me has this PSU but wants to know if it can handle 2 5770s in CrossfireX or can handle a HD5870 in single slot as im looking to upgrade my GPU at thi moment but cant seem to find a 100% yes or no anywhere and im getting frustrated like theres no tomorrow lol.

Here is my setup i have:

This is the spec.
Antec Screwless Case
OCZ 500W- ModXStream Pro Power Supply
AMD Phenom ll X4 955 @3.2ghz
ASUS M4A79xTD EVO.
5 Gig DDR3 1066 Ram
1TB HDD
Gigabyte 5770 1gig DDR5 Gfx Card
Dvd Writer

My PSU is this one here..http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/power_management/ocz_500w_700w_modxstream_pro_power_supply

So a pretty much basic setup with only 1 dvd drive nd 1 hdd but i have fitted 3 120 m fans inside the Antec case also.

So if someone can please give me a definate answer beleive me i would realy be very gratefull indeed.

G.:D

Associate
OP
It sums it to just over 300 watts :)

And that's actually Extreme Outer Vision's calculator :p

So my current PSU should be good then??

And on the Antec test is my Mobo a regular do i select 100% top load for best results and what is Capacitor Aging and is my CPU a single Cpu??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom