Do you still use MSN?

Man of Honour
I would use MSN in the first instance unless I've either not got the person on MSN at all or they no longer/very rarely sign in. For a start it's a dedicated chat program rather than something with the facility grafted on, it's nicer to use, offers more options and doesn't seem as inclined to crash or run slowly.

However I do use MSN somewhat differently that some of my mates, if I'm signed on then I'm available to chat or I'm within a couple of minutes of being at the computer. Quite a few of my mates just stay signed in all day/night even when they're nowhere near the computer which rather defeats the point of an instant messaging program if you ask me.

Soldato
Google Talk - clean interface, almost all of my friends are on Gmail and my chats get logged to my Gmail account no matter whether I'm IMing from my PC, my laptop or my phone.

Skype and Facebook get occasional use.

Soldato
In the late 90s I used ICQ a lot, eventually moved to MSN around 2001/02 and pretty much have remained on that.

I too have noticed a lot less people using MSN though, but to be honest I spend a lot less time on it too in the last few years mostly due to being busy elsewhere

Commissario
I still use it most of the time, easy way to get in contact with people and never has problems like Facebook chat. Have a few people on here as contacts which is useful too.

Associate
I was always an ICQ person in the early days, but ended up being convinced to use MSN and haven't really looked back.

Currently using the latest Live Messenger with aPatch and Messenger Plus! (these two additions are essential for the best MSN/Live Messenger experience).

I use Skype when necessary, although that's not very often anymore.

I think Google Wave might change my habits a little, although that will only be the case if everyone I know also starts to use it as well.

Permabanned
Most of mates use fb because they arent all computer nerds with decent pc's and msn is bloatware, so many features you don need, as proved by facebook chat. People want to chat not send winks and play chess ffs. Got 5 mates on msn got 20 on facebook, and then i also have a ton more people on facebook that i might want to speak to.

Soldato
iv always used msn since i first got a pc.

i know what you mean about people going to fb now, personally i hate fb and dont have it.

iv seen my friends list on msn slowly decrease over the months from 100+ to something like 9 now and heard that's where they have all gone.

id rather text tbh like the old times people don't even speak on there phones any more and just use fb instead.

Soldato
Still use MSN (loads up and logs in after booting to windows)
12 online, 1 on mobile, and 91 offline as I type this. :)

Facebook chat sucks hairy donkey balls. (but that is also running when facebook is open anyway)

Back
Top Bottom