What is your job?

Soldato
Current Job: Contract software developer
Salary: Enough to be comfortable
Working towards: Getting more front office banking and technical experience to allow me to charge another couple of hundred per day then retire as soon as I can afford it, hopefully not long after 50.

Soldato
Current Job: Assistant Civil Engineer
Salary: not enough :(
Wrking towards: Finishing my masters and chartership

Caporegime
Current job - Construction Superintendent (oil and gas).
Salary - reasonable and tax free, but you have to work soul destroying hours.
Working towards - early retirement.

Who/where abouts do you work? I'm trying to get into the oil industry (geoscience) at the moment so am always interested in experience/feelings about the industry and lifestyle. (i'm guessing middle east and ex pat as opposed to rotation?)

Myself...

Current Job - Unemployed bum
Salary - whatever I find on the floor (guess I really should be getting in to JSA...)
Working towards - A job in the oil/mining industry where a relevent degree is essential and a masters/Phd can help which is why i'm trying to see if I can get onto a masters course for next academic year.

Soldato
Working towards: Jealousy management training

;)

Au contraire. I just live in the real world and don't believe everything I read. I know there's no way to prove it, but I'd bet my life that some in this thread are highly exaggerated. On a daily basis, how many people do you know that get taxed at 50% ? Not many, I'd wager. So, what's the likelihood to have so many in this thread?

In the real world, most people will not get anywhere near 50k, but it seems that most people in this thread see that as pocket money. It's always the same in these threads; as a Psychologist it makes for very interesting viewing.

'Money don't make my world go round, I'm reaching out for a higher ground'. A modern day philosopher wrote that; Des'ree.

Soldato
On a daily basis, how many people do you know that get taxed at 50% ? Not many, I'd wager. So, what's the likelihood to have so many in this thread?

£75k base salary with a 100% bonus isn't uncommon in hedge fund staff, if you know lots of people who work for hedge funds, the likelihood of knowing someone taxed at 50% is "quite high".

There's only two reasons why people would put down a large salary:

1. It's the truth.
2. It's to wind people up.

If it's 1, you're wrong, and if it's 2 you reacted just as they "planned" - but as a psychologist you knew that already, yeah?

:)

Soldato
Full time student + part time Cafe worker.

£6.60/hour, time and 1/2 on Sundays (Which i've stopped working, 7 day weeks with no lay-in are too much, and leave no time for partying!)

Working towards: Ancient History degree at King's College or UCL. Then hopefully onto something which will allow me to enter the car industry. A strange choice, but I have a natural ability to study history, so this will be my way of educating myself and getting my education ( consistently top of my year group in history for my entire education thus far ), but I have a huge desire to end up being involved in some way with the motor industry later in life.
Alternately, finish Uni, save moneys, start business. With a lot of work in between :p

Soldato
£75k base salary with a 100% bonus isn't uncommon in hedge fund staff, if you know lots of people who work for hedge funds, the likelihood of knowing someone taxed at 50% is "quite high".

There's only two reasons why people would put down a large salary:

1. It's the truth.
2. It's to wind people up.

If it's 1, you're wrong, and if it's 2 you reacted just as they "planned" - but as a psychologist you knew that already, yeah?

:)

Obviously. :)

RJC

RJC

Don
Job: Site based Useless HVAC engineer :p
Salary: depends on O/T
Working Towards: Gaining more experience on various plant ect.

Back
Top Bottom