• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Does this sound right (xfx rma)

Associate
the 5870 i got from ocuk that has a faulty dvi and hdmi port, really blurry image (tried over 5 different cables and 2 tvs 2 monitors) but ever since the fans i bought i wanted a refund so i refused delivery from the postman so they'd be returned went awol and they said that it was my fault and i dont fancy RMA'ing 350 pounds of hardware to them and losing it because of "My errors"

oh well , awesome as ever

Caporegime
OP
Do not accept the money mate. Fight your corner!

Just had a look and they have XFX 280's in stock. Worst comes to the worst print the page showing stock and start a small claims. Add the XFX correspondence which mentions you do not have to accept the refund and should be offered a comparable product. I have mailed you the **** web page showing the card in stock.
Spoke to one of their reps earlier today, theyve agreed to refund me with a new xfx gtx 275 which ive accepted. Just got your mail when i got in from work after 5.00 mate. The replacement card is a lot better than the money refund, and from the few benches ive seen of them, its close enough to the gtx 280. It should tide me over until fermi is released.

Associate
Spoke to one of their reps earlier today, theyve agreed to refund me with a new xfx gtx 275 which ive accepted. Just got your mail when i got in from work after 5.00 mate. The replacement card is a lot better than the money refund, and from the few benches ive seen of them, its close enough to the gtx 280. It should tide me over until fermi is released.

if your getting the only gtx 275 they have in stock, you also get assassin's creed with it :D and it paid off to moan at them :)

Caporegime
OP
Yep, just looked at it earlier, they seem like a decent enough card. And assasins creed is a nice bonus, certainly does help to keep at them. Tbh, im just glad the whole affair is over.

Associate
Yep, just looked at it earlier, they seem like a decent enough card. And assasins creed is a nice bonus, certainly does help to keep at them. Tbh, im just glad the whole affair is over.

yeh, they took long enough so im wondering if it was them who came around to their senses or if it was xfx leaning on them lol :D

Caporegime

Yeah, can become draining these sort of situations, since we know that you shouldn't have to fight for any rights to begin with but anyway, it's over now and you got a decent card card and game out of them. Good on yer for persisting. :)

Soldato
Yea...glad the odeal is over for you. I only bought from them once and it was a XFX 9800GTX+...it about 10 months old now, and I honestly hope it will not die on me. Will avoid them like plague for future purchases...

Think we need to address this issue to CustomPC? Since they are doing a pretty good job at convincing the readers what a good/reliable company the said company is...and people would believe it...until they get hit by the RMA brick...

Caporegime
OP
Good news too is that the replacement was posted out on friday. All being well i should have it on monday morning. Gotta decide now wether to keep my current 8800gt as a physx card, or sell it on to recoup a few quid.

Associate
Glad to hear that you got a deal you were happy with in the end mate :) .

I live quite close to scam and used to buy from them all the time (Last thing I got from them was my mobo and CPU which I am defo hoping don't go after reading this) but don't now I get free shipping from OcUK where I get everything I need from now and cannot fault them atall :D.

Very shocked by them tbh as it is discusting :(

Soldato
Setter, I personally would just sell the 8800 on to get some cashback mate, I was running a 9800GT 1GB along side my 280 for a while, but it was pointless imo, the only game I have worth playing that uses hardware accelerated PhysX was Batman AA, but the 280 alone was more than capable of running full PhysX with everything maxed out at 1680x1050, so there really wasn't much point in keeping the 9800 in there...

Caporegime
OP
Good advice Davy, the 8800gt will be put up on mm tonight. well the 275 arrived today, installed and tested with a few laps on grid and a few rounds of cod4 mw2, really impressed with it so far, wee bit cooler running than the 280, even before it developed the fault. Gonna install assasins creed and give it a blast. May also see about getting a second 275 as i fancy running sli again.

Caporegime
OP
This just gets better and better.

Seems i received a bit of a lemon, replacement gtx 275 has died as well. Worked fine for a few hours on monday. Turned the rig on on tuesday, booted into windows, within seconds.

IMG_1424.jpg

Reset the system to be met with this.
IMG_1425.jpg

Tried it in my second system.
IMG_1426.jpg

So, its rma time once more and back to using my 8800gt.:(

Back
Top Bottom