Spec me and my best mate a cheapish holiday

Soldato
Im finishing Uni for good in May so my and my mate decided to go on a cheapish (i.e not Vegas) holiday in June for at least a week.

The kind of holiday were looking for is for example. We were thinking of just getting a plane to Ibiza (or one of the spanish islands), hiring a car and basically driving allover whichever island and staying in differant hotels so were not contantly overwhelmed with generic tourists / holiday goers.

This was just a quick thought of what we could do but does anyone have any advice on other places or can shot some other ideas our way?

Also I should say, me and my mate like travelling around instead of sitting in the same place for 2 weeks. So places where we can hire a car and go exploring would be a great option.

Cheers :)

Soldato
OP
Seriously...you're nearly a university graduate yet still can't spell accommodation?

Nope. :(

...or I just type quick and just hit submit before proof reading becuase I think most people would understand what im trying to say and not waste time being a **** correcting me

Soldato
If you have a car already you could always travel to Italy or something on a road trip rather than flying somewhere and renting a car.

I'm just back from Tenerife on Saturday and i'm booking to go away in June for another week. I love it over there but unlike you I am quite happy to sit in the same place for a few weeks.

Soldato
Cyprus is very good for travelling around and seeing different parts especially with the country split in two. Accommodation is cheap, but still very nice, well it is where I stayed. Food is delicious and also very good value. Lovely place to go.

Tenerife is abit generic, but it depends what you go there for, haven't been for many many years, so can't say if it has changed, I don't think it is very expensive for accommodation or eating.

Spain is a good one to go to if you want to travel around for your budget as you have more places to choose from, the none tourist route is probably best to get better value for money and seeing the country better.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Ohhhhh!! I should mension that were both single and the place need to be full of beautiful young women :p;)
:D

I think the beaches of Goa are where its happening at the mo, Maybe a few years or so late but it's still kicking off out there Big style. :cool:
Just get a couple of cheap tickets & go for it.

Man of Honour
You'd like Mikonos but you can give each other the reach around anywhere, no need to go somewhere special.

If you want to explore why not take your own car and head france, northern spain etc. or wherever.

Soldato
OP
Italy is another good one, I have heard it is a fantastic place to visit, haven't been myself so I can't comment on prices and places to go, but flights look pretty cheap.

Yep another good one TinkerBell. Weve been thinkin about going there aswell :)

Anyone ever been to Italy? Opinions?

Man of Honour
Yep another good one TinkerBell. Weve been thinkin about going there aswell :)

Anyone ever been to Italy? Opinions?

Italy is fantastic. They drive like **** though! If you are prone to road rage best use the trains, if not get decent insurance. Amazing country with a huge variety of things to do and see, incredible food and booze which varies hugely depending on region. You can't "do" Italy in a week but you could pick an area and go for it.

Back
Top Bottom