Is my i5 gaming build ok?

Associate
I've been wanting a i5 gaming build for a while sub £500. I think this is it. Is there anything missing or anything I should change? (Already got windows 7). I'm looking to run it at stock then OC later when it starts to get out dated.

buildxl.jpg

Total is £510.40

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm the components look fine. However, what do you want the PC to do?If it is a gaming PC I would say that you should go for a more powerful power supply, perhaps a TX 650 by Corsair, or a good 500 watt, OCZ Modx PSU's seem to be good and value for money.

It all depends on what you want the PC to do. If you want it for surfing the web and some video editing it looks great. If it is to be a gaming rig, the PSU and GPU might limit the rig in the near future.

Cheers

Von

Associate
OP
It all depends on what you want the PC to do. If you want it for surfing the web and some video editing it looks great. If it is to be a gaming rig, the PSU and GPU might limit the rig in the near future
It's definitely a gaming rig. Are there similarly priced options for PSU and GPU that would be better? Or is there somewhere I could save some money to spend on a better GPU and PSU?

Last edited:
Associate
personally i'd spend less on the processor, maybe get a phenom ii or athon ii instead, i read some benchmarks where in gaming there is little difference in the 2 at the same clock speeds. the only difference in the phenom iis is the l3 cache. and then spend more money on a better gpu and psu, a 5770 or better. 5670 is decent for gaming but may struggle at top settings or resolutions above 720p.

Back
Top Bottom