if the government is skint, and has no money..

Caporegime
yea as ive said before when we first went to iraq soldiers didnt have the right kit , mainly footwear so many soldiers had family buy gear for them and send it over because the goverment had no money.

some natural disaster happens in another country and boom millions apear as if by magic

Soldato
For me it isn't so much that the government have sent money over to other countries, it is more the fact that the government seem to spend money here on stupid things instead of what is really needed.

They need to sort the UK out as well as help elsewhere. European countries seem able to do it, so why can't we?

Soldato
What really dsiapoints me about our UK aid is were are about the only country in the world that doesn't label everything we send with the national flag and the reason given for this by both the government and agencies like Oxfam? The needy in some countries would refuse to accept aid that they knew came from the UK to which I say **** them, but thats an entirely different argument.

daz

daz

Soldato
What really dsiapoints me about our UK aid is were are about the only country in the world that doesn't label everything we send with the national flag and the reason given for this by both the government and agencies like Oxfam? The needy in some countries would refuse to accept aid that they knew came from the UK to which I say **** them, but thats an entirely different argument.

Wow, what a sad attitude.

Soldato
£15mil is a pitifully small amount of money to send to Haiti. To put it into perspective, the government is spending £18bil (over a thousand times as much) on ID cards.

Soldato
Wow, what a sad attitude.

My attitude or that of the ungratefull ***** that would rather starve and sleep outside than accept aid from the UK or the middle class pen pushers that came up with the idea? If you watch the footage on TV you will see US flags plastered all over the aid they have sent and the same goes for the French etc etc the Un have even asked us to put our flag on stuff but we refuse!

Soldato
**** them tbh, let the other countries deal with it. Charity starts at home.

Oh dear. Are you a parent or family man in anyway?

Have you seen the footage of children lying dead in the road sides just rotting away or the children sat with their dead parents watching them rotting away as well.

To be then just scooped up by a JCB and dumped in a big hole in the ground and forgot about.

Its absolutely horrific and I for one am grateful that I go home every night and see wife and little girl.

And when has charity ever started at home..

Collins Dictionary:

charity

n
(
pl
-ties)

2. an organization set up to provide help to those in need,

3. the giving of help, such as money or food, to those in need,

4. help given to those in need, alms,

5. a kindly attitude towards people,
Latin caritas affection

Associate
I had a brilliant status update from one of my friends on FB a couple of weeks ago.

Shame on you ENGLAND !!! The only country where we have homeless with out shelter, children going to bed with out eating, elderly going with out needed meds, mentally ill with out treatment and British servicemen and women fighting with out the best kits - yet we donate £50 million to Haiti ... 99% of people won't have the guts to copy and repost this! Charity BEGINS at home

I had to chuckle at how stupid the person must be. Only England has homeless without shelters and children going hungry? :rolleyes: My reply to him was removed and amazingly 5 people gave it the thumbs up. I do dispair at how selfish and ignorant people can be at times. The ammount going to Haiti from the government is as already stated miniscule compared to total spending. Imagine if the roles were reversed and we were in need of aid would those of you that are moaning about us sending aid to Haiti be bothered if everyone told us to get stuffed as it could be better spent @ in there own countries?

Soldato
Ah. Time to post my favourite picture again:

x5xw1c.png

Soldato
Surprised at how selfish many people in this country are. One of the things that irks me hugely. Many people here completely fail to realise how lucky we are and how good our country and society is compared to massive parts of the world.

Caporegime
I personally find it irresponsible for our government to be donating money in foreign aid when they can't even afford to equip our soldiers properly and we have so many homeless ourselves due to the recent economic turmoil.

As the old saying goes charity begins at home.

Soldato
Out of curiousity, for the people using the 'charity starts at home' line, if we had a massive natural disaster which killed thousands and left many people homeless and corpses all over the streets and we couldn't handle it ourselves, would you guys be totally fine if we were left alone to deal with it? I assume so .. ?

Back
Top Bottom