Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Trying to contact Hazro via the new website.

Contact form says (after sent)

"Thank you for submiting your enquiry. A member of our sales team will be in touch shortly. Please note that any support related requests sent from this form will be discarded. You are encouraged to visit the support section of this site for further information on Hazro's RMA and other procedures."

No Support info or contact info in support section available. Just some docs and faqs.
Tried to register a customer account , but no difference. :(

The old e-mail address still works? [email protected] ?

Last edited:

ray

ray

Associate
^ Hi jeness, I had sent a support request using the contact form last Wednesday and I didn't receive a reply. This morning, just before 9am, I sent an e-mail to '[email protected]' and I received a reply around 40 minutes ago. Therefore, the support e-mail works so I hope you'll be able to contact them and get your problem sorted! :)

A replacement power adapter is being shipped to me, and I hope that will solve the problem and my display won't need to be returned to base.

Soldato
I have been told new monitors on the way in March!

Also, who has managed to get a PS3 slim to output to 1080p with the HZ26Wi, whenever I select it I get a blank screen.

This screen must be able to do 1080p, surely!?

Associate
^ Hi jeness, I had sent a support request using the contact form last Wednesday and I didn't receive a reply. This morning, just before 9am, I sent an e-mail to '[email protected]' and I received a reply around 40 minutes ago. Therefore, the support e-mail works so I hope you'll be able to contact them and get your problem sorted! :)

A replacement power adapter is being shipped to me, and I hope that will solve the problem and my display won't need to be returned to base.

Thanks for your help. Tried to contact them again (been trying for 1year now) on [email protected]. But they won't reply.

I think they are ignoring support request from non-uk customers on purpose. Which is a pity, cause the monitors were sold to me via their reseller.
This company is untrustable. They are leaving me out in the cold. :(

Last edited:

ray

ray

Associate
Jeness, sorry to hear about your problems at contacting Hazro. I'm not having much luck with them either. After I got an e-mail from them asking me to tell them of my preferred delivery date for my replacement power adaptor, I requested the item to be delivered on February 5th but it didn't arrive. I then sent Hazro an e-mail on the evening of the 5th, but they haven't replied.

This is pretty frustrating because I'm not sure whether I should give up on the Hazro and throw it in the bin, or if I should persevere with the disappointing customer service. One thing is for sure and that is I will think twice about buying another Hazro again.

Associate
I am very sorry about that. So i'm somewhat 'glad' it's not just me.

>One thing is for sure and that is I will think twice about buying another Hazro again.

WORD.

Associate
Hello, I'm having the exact same problem as reported above - I was using the monitor and suddenly it powered down, it began to flicker on and off (green LED comes on/off every couple of seconds, and the screen flashes grey), it seems someone who posted the same issue here fixed it by replacing the power brick with a recommended "li shin 0227B24130", do you guys think it would fix my problem too? :)

If so, which of these would I be better off with (if they aren't exactly the same and one isn't just rounding up the AMPS)

Don't know if I'm allowed to link the sellers site so here's the description of the two bricks;

1)

Product Description

Fully Compatible with :
ATV Public View M230W
M231WBM 23" LCD TV Panel
PS-PVM23

P/N:
0227B24130

* Best companion for home, office or travel of the high quality power adapter
* Constant current, overcharge and short circuit protection design ensure all of your digital device in safety insurance.
Specification
Output( DC V/A ) :24V 6A
Max Power Output(W) :144W
Warranty Duration : 120 Days Warranty
Input : 100 AC - 240 AC (50/60HZ)
Condition : 100% Brand New

Package Included :
- 1 pc of AC Power Adapter
- 1 pc of AC Power Cable fit your country

2)

LI SHIN Genuine 0227B24130 AC Adapter 24V 5.42A 130W For ATV Public View M230W M231WBM PS-PVM23 23 LCD TV Panel Brand New

Specifications:

* Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
* Output: 24V, 5.42A, 130W
* Power cable included

Compatible Part No:

* 0227B24130

Product compatible with these models:

* ATV Public View M230W
* M231WBM 23" LCD TV Panel
* PS-PVM23

Package Include:

* LI SHIN Genuine 0227B24130 AC Adapter 24V 5.42A 130W
* Power Cord

They're roughly the same in price, help appreciated :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've not had any contact with Hazro for ages now and it's weird no one has had luck contacting them :/

Really hope they do release some new models with LED backlights though!

My HZ24Wi is still going strong, the built in RGB values have shifted somewhat I have found, probably as the backlight and panel has settled in over time - 9300K is now 6200k reported by BlueEye Pro!

Calibrated results are still strong though.

No calibration (OSD settings: 50 brightness, 16 contrast, 9300k):
pc_hazro_9300k_50b_16c_stock.JPG

Calibrated (OSD settings: 50 brightness, 16 contrast, 9300k):
pc_hazro_9300k_50b_16c_calibratedJPG.JPG

Oh btw, Lacie have kindly given me the updates to BlueEye Pro software for use with a Spyder 2/3 or EyeONE Display 2 probe.
I was on 4.5.1 before, latest version is 4.5.5. I have the Mac version as well. Would be nice to hear from other people with hardware calibrators on their results using the latest software as I can't see a calibration loader executable in this release so I'm assuming it loads the LUT at a service level and monitors from there somehow.

Shoot me a message via mail/msn and I'll send the version you want. The Lacie website only links to the Mac version of 4.5.5 and 1.0.3 version of BlueEye Pro Proof Edition so I had to contact them directly for the Windows version of 4.5.5.

Last edited:

ray

ray

Associate
2)

LI SHIN Genuine 0227B24130 AC Adapter 24V 5.42A 130W For ATV Public View M230W M231WBM PS-PVM23 23 LCD TV Panel Brand New

Specifications:

* Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
* Output: 24V, 5.42A, 130W
* Power cable included

Compatible Part No:

* 0227B24130

Product compatible with these models:

* ATV Public View M230W
* M231WBM 23" LCD TV Panel
* PS-PVM23

Package Include:

* LI SHIN Genuine 0227B24130 AC Adapter 24V 5.42A 130W
* Power Cord

They're roughly the same in price, help appreciated :)

Hi Afran, I bought the second power supply listed in your post and I've just received it today. Fortunately, it works fine and I can use my display again, which I'm ecstatic about. Good luck in getting your display working! :)

Associate
Hi Afran, I bought the second power supply listed in your post and I've just received it today. Fortunately, it works fine and I can use my display again, which I'm ecstatic about. Good luck in getting your display working! :)

Sweet, it is now working for me again too :)

Hope it lasts a bit longer this time.

Associate
Hello there,

Just come back after a few month and all the stories around the HZ24Wi ...

Finally got it working but, for a couple of days, I sometimes have some horizontal corrupted lines on the screen when I play 3D games. Never in 2D.

I don't know if it may come from my video card (radeon Vapor-X 5870) but when I switch off and on the screen it stops for a while ...

Have you ever had this kind of problem ?

Many thanks.

Associate
I used to get horizontal lines of the green sparkles, a line just like the usual 1 or 2 that I used to get. Or used to as I updated my graphics card 2 days ago :) Not seen lines on the new one :)

Associate
Well, this is odd... Does it mean my monitor's about to die again?

I have flickering red pixels, but only on certain applications.

I can see them when playing World of Warcraft, while viewing wowhead.com and that's it, for now. I can't see them whatsoever on this website, other games or a black background (such as MS paint)

Now the REALLY strange part:

Say I'm viewing wowhead.com - 5 flickering red pixels appear somewhere near the upper centre, I then drag the browser window down the screen, and the pixels appear to move with them, this is no illusion as I can literally move the pixels from the top of the screen to the bottom. What, the, hell? :p

Associate
Well, this is odd... Does it mean my monitor's about to die again?

I have flickering red pixels, but only on certain applications.

I can see them when playing World of Warcraft, while viewing wowhead.com and that's it, for now. I can't see them whatsoever on this website, other games or a black background (such as MS paint)

Now the REALLY strange part:

Say I'm viewing wowhead.com - 5 flickering red pixels appear somewhere near the upper centre, I then drag the browser window down the screen, and the pixels appear to move with them, this is no illusion as I can literally move the pixels from the top of the screen to the bottom. What, the, hell? :p

I also saw those lines while playing WoW.

I recently updated my monitor with a DELL U2711 and not seen them anymore

Associate
It's the same issue as the green pixel issue. I've had blue pixels as well as green and WoW is a usual place for me to see them. It happens mostly on dark colours so Left 4 Dead 2 is another place I get them a lot.

It just one of the features of the Hazro screens.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Can't be a feature of all their screens as my screen has not had the pixel issue since it was firmware upgraded way back.

The only issue I have with my screen is the glossy screen now really because I've grown more fond of slouching on my armchair when watching movies and it just so happens to be the ideal position that catches the window light!

I'm tempted to put it on MM and get a matte 24" IPS but I'm uncertain as to what it will fetch because I'd ideally want as minimal a loss as possible in order to fund the new screen.

Other than my movie watching seating position the screen is still absolutely spot on =]

Last edited:

Lum

Lum

Soldato
It's not "just one of the features" it's just that the screen is a little more sensitive to a poor quality DVI signal than some other monitors. This is why ATI users get it more often than nVidia users, and the PS3 is terrible.

The standard advice of trying the other DVI port if you have an ATI still holds, what finally fixed it for me was using a higher quality DVI cable than the supplied one. Also keep that cable as short as possible. I've not seen any dodgy pixels, nor have I seen the blue line issue, since I replaced the cable. I've also been playing plenty of dark moody games recently, such as NecroVision: Lost Company, so it should've showed if I still had the issue.

Back
Top Bottom