My old car....

mjt

mjt

Soldato
A supercharged Golf would be pretty cool, but £21k gets you some serious metal, such as a 55 AMG..

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;15934022 said:
Why buy a 535i, spend money tarting it up then sell it a month later to buy an RS4 only to instead buy a Golf?

Think its because I'm mental.

Seriously, I loved the Golf and didn't want to sell it. (Circumstances) I know the love of an underpowered, heavy, bland hatch isn't logical :D But, until you have driven one with the chassis sorted and a bit of extra power you cant comment :p Once the nose 'heavyness' is sorted by the haldex the car is transformed IMO.

Soldato
I've heard amazing things about the Rotrex system. I think you should go for it, although £6k is a lot of cash.

Edit - I'd have to spend the extra £1k to get the stage 2 system. I hate having something and knowing if I spent just a little more I could have had the best.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
in other news.... I've just emailed the Audi dealer to see if can make me an offer I cant refuse on the RS4 I have been looking at.

If not, its a dead deal.

Associate
OP
I've heard amazing things about the Rotrex system. I think you should go for it, although £6k is a lot of cash.

Edit - I'd have to spend the extra £1k to get the stage 2 system. I hate having something and knowing if I spent just a little more I could have had the best.

An extra grand for 50bhp? No thanks. If JBS will be do me stage 2 for stage one money, as I would be buying a Milltek and various other bits at same time I might consider it.

Back
Top Bottom