Thinking about fronting? read this first....

Soldato
But I could legally drive the car, ie not be pulled over for not having insurance. How would the insurers know who the actual main driver was anyway?
Because when/if you have a crash and you end up disabling someone, and if the insurer finds out you've been fronting (and on a big claim, they will investigate) either;

1) That poor sod will have to sue you for his care costs (which you will not be able to afford) and will end up with nothing, because your insurer will have disowned you

or, more likely;

2) Your insurer will still pay out for the victim and then sue you for the money (which you will not be able to afford) and it will bankrupt you, because your insurer will have disowned you

To reduce your premium, add your mother as a named driver.

Soldato
But I could legally drive the car, ie not be pulled over for not having insurance. How would the insurers know who the actual main driver was anyway?

The car would not show up on ANPR as 'uninsured' as the car is insured, it is however not insured for your use and in the event of a claim the insurance company would bother to find out (and then use it as a reason not to pay).

I haven't got the link handy (hopefully someone else will though) but I've read of where the insurance company investigated it and found out.

I'm happy for suggestions for ways to reduce the cost though.
Add your parents as named drivers (as far as the insurance company care every moment your parents are driving it you, the unsafe driver, isn't driving it). Play around with your and your parents occupations if they'd fit multiple titles. Keep the car in a garage. Have a low mileage limit. Have a high excess. Do pass-plus. etc.

Associate
Something sounds fishy about that, I mean if its stolen surely it doesn't matter who is named driver etc?

Not that I in any way condone fronting, I actually despise people who do it...

Permabanned
How the heck is it fronting? The guy has transferred ownership over to his day, so his dad has took an insurance policy out then the son has being added as a second driver? He insured for crying out loud, so many things wrong with our insurance scamming companies.

I can’t see where he drives it more than 50%? So how is it illegal and fronting?

Caporegime
Something sounds fishy about that, I mean if its stolen surely it doesn't matter who is named driver etc?

Not that I in any way condone fronting, I actually despise people who do it...

not really

the insurance co asked for the details of the finance

they've seen that the finance is somebodys name who is much younger and put 2 and 2 together. Some very diligent person working for the insurance co has spotted this, and raised it as an oppertunity to avoid paying out

Soldato
The car would not show up on ANPR as 'uninsured' as the car is insured, it is however not insured for your use and in the event of a claim the insurance company would bother to find out (and then use it as a reason not to pay).

I haven't got the link handy (hopefully someone else will though) but I've read of where the insurance company investigated it and found out.

How is it not insured for my use? If I'm a named driver on the insurance doesn't that mean I can still use it?

Say I use it once a week, I still wouldn't get covered if I cause an accident?:confused:

Soldato
I'd be interested to know the outcome if the insurance had to actually without a doubt prove that he was fronting...

Permabanned
Ermm the title is completely misleading its not about fronting is it????????

Its about the finance side, he says insurance is fine just that because he got it with BMW they have voided it as the registered keeper has to be the one who took the finance out.

Associate
I'd be interested to know the outcome if the insurance had to actually without a doubt prove that he was fronting...

It's a civil rather than criminal matter so they don't need to prove anything. If they refuse to pay then he has to show this was unreasonable.

Soldato
Lord have mercy. What is the point of even taking out Insurance if the company is only going to screw you when you need it the most!?

This is a far better example of how insurance companies will try to weasel out of a claim given a chance, rather than an 'example' of fronting. At the end of the day:

A) There is ZERO proof that the guy was fronting
B) It is absolutely irrelevant. Would the thief not have bothered stealing the if the bloke he assaulted was on the insurance policy as the main driver? :rolleyes:.

The main driver should be the person who drives the car the most, not who's name is on the V5C or Finance. It's disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom