My new Samsung UE32B6000 (Picture)

Associate
Hey,

The time had come for me to upgrade my HP 19" LCD monitor and last week I took the plunge!, but as many of you know there are so many choices out there, what one do you go for!!! I was looking at purchasing a 24" Samsung from this site but I've been doing a lot of research on the Samsung UE32B6000 LED TV, as it is truly a work of art. I was in two minds as I was not sure how good an image I would get being as it's only 1920 x 1080 resolution max, and also how good it would be for general use i.e web browsing and typing. I finally decided to purchase this beauty last week and how glad I am I made that decision! I cannot fault this TV it is a masterpiece and anyone thinking of buying one as use as a monitor all I can say is BUY IT NOW!

I've attached a picture below of my set-up, I've got it rigged up to both my laptop and PS3. The image quality from the PS3 blew me away, especially watching blu-ray films and gaming. MW2 looks unreal! But for general use on the PC it's amazing, the text is clear and sharp, image quality is second to none, and bearing in mind I'm connecting it using a VGA lead, so if your GFX card supports DVI-D or HDMI even better! All in all I can highly recommend this screen as a monitor and I hope I can sway those of you sitting on the fence to make the plunge too, you will not be disappointed!

Associate
Seems Samsung are going downhill in my opinion, this quote put me right off.

I quote from the internet:

"""We have returned this TV (our second one) as there is an anoying intermitent buzzing coming from the back. My husband doesn't really pick up on it until I point it out, but it drives me mad! If this fault wasn't there we would still have the TV as it looks fantastic and the picture is excellent. As many others have said, the sound is awful, but as we had it going through our amp it was no problem for us. It's a shame... """

edit: But least you're happy with it that's the main thing !

Last edited:
Soldato
Think you'll need a decent monitor to compare it to so that you can make a real judgement on how good it really is. I mean, I've got a newish 1080p LCD TV and it looks great compared to my old 19" LCD monitor, but my 2 year old Samsung 22" TN monitor is much better again. A decent IPS monitor would probably blow away what I've got now.

Just making a point, it's all relative, of which I'm sure you're aware.

Also, Samsung build quality seems to have gone downhill. Lots of people with the same monitor as mine have experienced issues with it, I'm just in the process of possibly getting mine repaired. Where cheap components could be used, they were unfortunately. That's probably why they're some of the cheaper monitors out there now.

Associate
OP
Seems Samsung are going downhill in my opinion, this quote put me right off.

I quote from the internet:

"""We have returned this TV (our second one) as there is an anoying intermitent buzzing coming from the back. My husband doesn't really pick up on it until I point it out, but it drives me mad! If this fault wasn't there we would still have the TV as it looks fantastic and the picture is excellent. As many others have said, the sound is awful, but as we had it going through our amp it was no problem for us. It's a shame... """

I saw the very same statement on the net myself, it did make me worry but now owning this screen I don't know what that person was on about. I admit there is a very very quiet hum but I have to get about a couple of inches from the screen to hear it, but all my other TV's in the house also produce this humming sound which is normal but it's really not an issue (maybe they had their hearing aid turned up too much, lol?). As for the sound I can't really comment as I've got my laptop and PS3 connected to a Logitech Z5500 sound system so it's not an issue. However due to the thinness of the screen the sound quality is understandable, no probs if your just having it in the kitchen or something, but if like me it's your home entertainment centre then hook it up to an external sound system ;)

Cheers Pinki!

Soldato
Does anyone have any display settings they use for the Samsung ue32b6000? Particularly for PC and PS3 connected via HDMI? :)

Too many options and not sure what should be what!

Associate
Yes I agree I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that some of the capacitors on the back on the tv 'exploded' after some time?
I bought my Samsung UE40B7020 exactly 12 months ago. No buzzing. No problems. It's the best TV I've ever owned.
It's hooked up to my router so I can get to YouTube, Flickr etc. Also great for plugging in a usb stick with avi, mkv, mpeg files. Plays them all.
I've also read about the cheap capacitors. Guess I've been lucky...... so far.

PS3 games look stunning. Input lag is noticeable but seems to improve a bit when I switch to "Game Mode". Not sure if that mode is available in the ue32b6000.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice choice, I've got the 40 inch of the same model myself and am very happy with it :) I've only ever heard mine buzz once, am pretty sure that its to do with the fan inside it, neverhad any of the issues raised there with the ones I've sold at work.

Ironically a mate of mine got the Sharp LED when it was going cheap, and on standard def stuff it looks awful because of the 50hz refresh, when he saw mine with 100hz he sent the sharp back and got a Samsung like mine too.

I have to say though that I have seen some awful Samsung TFT's for PC's recently, 20 inch ones being sold for £130 and they only have a maximum resolution of 1680 x 900 ! I paid that for my 20 inch Samsung and I get 1680 x 1050 so I agree that Samsung (at least for the consumer PC market) are making some shocking panels in that respect.

Anyway back on subject, great TV, should be nice as a monitor, enjoy your new kit :)

Back
Top Bottom