Best way to connect my monitor to the pc?

Associate
I really want to know the difference between all the connections. like HDMI, VGA, DVI etc. What one is the best? i have ordered a BenQ G2420HDBL 24". I have had a previous Samsung SM2333SW which went faulty on me and i dunno what caused it. I just want to make sure im using the correct cables etc for when i get the benq.

Should i use a normal VGA cable with an adaptor ? do i need anything special to run HD?

Associate
OP
Well theres no HDMI port on the monitor but that really doesnt bother me because i have separate speakers. Do i need any special DVI cable?

If you look on this forum there are a lot of reviews on this monitor and pics. there a few pages back or use the search option :)

Associate
Here are the full options, take your pick based on the available connectors on your monitor and graphics card. In your case I'm guessing a DVI-DVI cable would be a good choice (because you're saying the monitor doesn't have a HDMI input). Btw, cheap budget cables are usually fine too, as there isn't any issue with degradation of the picture with digital.

For HDMI to HDMI

For DVI to DVI

For DVI to HDMI

Back
Top Bottom