Mini-ITX Server in Lian Li PC-Q07B

Associate
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a Lian Li PC-Q07B case and a Intel DG45FC motherboard, also a 450W Corsair Modular PSU, Does anyone have this setup and know which Cpu Coolers will fit.

Thanks

Associate
I've heard 70mm clearance banded about, I saw a thread about a build by neil g was it? in a case like that. :)

Associate
I am using this case for my server PC. At the moment im using a 350w full atx powersupply but it could be replaced with something like a Pico PSU.

The one thing I would say about this case for server is disk space. If you used a PICO psu there would be plenty but with the full atx there is only room for 1 full size and 1 laptop size. There is room for a 70mm CPU cooler so a stock cooler with fit fine.

Atom 330 Gigabyte
2Gb
1.5Tb HD
Lian Li PC-Q07B

Last edited:
Soldato
I've heard 70mm clearance banded about, I saw a thread about a build by neil g was it? in a case like that. :)

t'was me.. :)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18096877

best bet is to set the fan on the CPU to blow upwards away from the processor and use the PSU as an extractor.

The Intel stock low profile cooler should fit.

it does (just with some tweeking, watch out for northbridge and memory clearance - see my thread) but it is incredibly noisey i found

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a Lian Li PC-Q07B case and a Intel DG45FC motherboard, also a 450W Corsair Modular PSU, Does anyone have this setup and know which Cpu Coolers will fit.

Thanks

Your joking right? You want this setup for a server???

This is a pointless build for a server. The board is overkill, the case is not a server case and the PSU is too powerful for a mini ITX server.

I know because I have them all and a better solution.

I run the flycreek Intel DG45FC with a wolfdale 3ghz in a much better case for a server (Chenbro ES30068). Its turned out to be a noisy overkill of a server. I am using it at present in a 2x2tb raid 1, experimental test server I am doing.

Also there is an annoying problem with the flycreek and that the DC to DC convertors of the board make a high pitched noise. I got really annoyed with this (I used the board originally in a test HTPC ) and couldnt stand it. My wife couldnt hear the high pitched noise but it bugged me.

The Lian li, looks good, especially IMO in the new gold colour, but what it the point in having a case that takes an ATX psu, a 5.25 inch drive and isnt designed for multiple harddrives as a mini itx server?????????? I bought the Lian Li and still havent quite worked out what to use it for....

For a mini itx server try new pinetrail Intel D510MO and depending on how many harddrives you need, with a pci sata card. I have a pci->4xsata in mine and this is powering a server with 6 harddrives.

Depending on the storage you need you could go for just 1x1tb or 2x2tb for a 4Tb server without a pci card.

You only need 1gb of ddr2 for a server.

All in all the pinetrail uses 13watts and it passive. I use one with a passive pico PSU. I would suggest a 90 watt version for 4 harddrives in a server.

BTW a real mini itx home server case is the Chenbro ES34069 for 4xharddrives or the new Chenbro ES30068 for 2xharddrives. I use the ES30068.

For the money you would spend on the flycreek, lian Li, processor and PSU you could get a pinetrail, pico PSU and Chenbro ES34069.

This would rock.

Back
Top Bottom