A bit of trucking insight.....

Caporegime
Not sure how many people have seen this, but this has been the topic of conversation at work this week.....

Dedicated police squads go after violent criminals who are targeting vulnerable lorry drivers and their valuable loads, while investigators identify stolen caravans which have been sold to unsuspecting people who love life on the open road.

PC Angus Nairn, a former truck driver goes after truckers who falsify their spies-in-the-cab and shopkeepers in London face attack from two-wheeled terrors with powerful motorbikes and sledgehammers. One gang is caught on CCTV as they smash their way into a Knightsbridge jeweller and steal more than a million pounds in 39 seconds.

Broadcast on:
BBC One, 9:00pm Thursday 11th February 2010
Duration:
60 minutes
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00qsv4l/Cars_Cops_and_Criminals_Soft_Targets/

05:01, 23:23, 47:25 - truck specific parts....

I've had a few run ins over the years whilst sleeping overnight in a truck, never encountered a Cattle prod though! :eek: - no doubt soon to become the weapon of choice..... :(

A bit of interesting (perhaps?) footage of Stobarts Tracking system at work..... :)

Anyway, thought some of you guys may be interested......

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched the highlighted truck bits. Very interesting, looks like a lot of the truckers are under pressure to deliver targets/recieve bonuses.

Soldato
To be honest I can't believe that trackers are not fitted as standard! Also I'm sure there could be some sort of motion sensing alarm developed for the trailer which can be enabled once the vehicle is stationary?

What about when vin diesel and his cronies attack it on the road?

Caporegime
OP
Confused, I watched this on Wednesday. :confused:

Yes I missed it 1st time around, theres been a bit of chat at work about it (not surprising given they feature Stobart) so I looked it up myself.:o

I'm thinking of going back onto "Tramping" work as its called in the Summer too! - I must be mad! - Don't answer that please!:o:D

Soldato
Maybe watch The Fast and the Furious for a solution?

Criminals will try anything and if than can get the whole lot through taking the driver (as a soft target) off then they will. Around here they seem to come along and cut through the canopy to get at the load while the driver is absent or asleep. The empty trucks just open the rear doors so the nosey buggers can see there is nothing there.

Soldato
1 x .44 Magnum under your seat, 1 x .44 Magnum under the passenger seat, 2 x .44 Magnums under your bunk. 1 x bolt action rifle, at least .303 ...1 x shotgun, preferably something like a Spas 12 so you can keep pumping and shooting. A stack of flashbangs, and some smoke grenades.

2 x Doberman Pinschers in the back of your truck, you could use Rottweilers but they don't run as fast and are a bit cliché.

Truck defence, like the American's do it :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom